We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ashland, Kentucky
1 post
Save Topic
car rental

I am needing to rent two cars for a vacation in fort Lauderdale is the enterprise car rental located at the airport a good company to rent from or is there a better car rental company to rent from,thanks

Berlin Heights
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: car rental

I appreciate the information. I was leery of choosing a rental company I hadn't heard of. Now I know that there are more options out there. How can I find out before a trip which car rental companies are user friendly? The only information I can find is when I search the price engines.

Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
42 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: car rental

Insofar as being user friendly my experience has been that it is not the rental agency that matters but the particular outlet from which you rent.

You are in the correct forum asking the correct questions to obtain the information you desire.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: car rental

We are watching this post, looking for advice. My husband and I want to rent a car for the month of November. We arrive at FLL airport and want to drive to Myrtle Beach and throughout South Carolina. *What car rental companies, off airport, are recommended?

* Are any of these companies near a motel? When we return the car we are taking a cruise. Ideal: a motel with a reliable car rental agency and a shuttle to the cruise terminal.

Thanks to all you trusty travellers who can "steer" us in the right direction.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: car rental

You have got to be careful with renting from a small local agency if you are taking the car out of the immediate area- most have no agencies outside our area and you can get no assistance if you have problems when you are far away ( a few folks learned that the hard way when their car had trouble enroute to Key West and the locally owned agency here here said they were on their own to get it fixed.) You are probably all right if you stick with a off airport national Brand like the Thrifty/Budget location on Miami Road or the Budget on 17th ST ( will be listed as in the Quay shops.) You also might try the Enterprise location on S. Federal Highway- but I think it is completely closed on Saturdays and Sunday. The other places I mentioned are3 open every day I think but may have limited hours compared to the airport location-I think Budget/Thrifty closes in mid afternoon as their primary business is cruise ship passengers.. Also be sure to check to see if there are any additional drop off fees for returning it to a different location. In some instances rental firms do charge them and one way rental fees could be quite high depending on the place or the season. Some agencies might charge you a great deal of money to return a car in a less busy location where they don't want so many cars.

Edited: 8:31 pm, June 14, 2013
15. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 16, 2014