We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 posts
Save Topic

What are some good bars/restaurants with live music for dancing with friends? My best girlfriend and I (28 y.o) will be visiting in a few weeks and would like to know if there are any places with fun nightlife?

Cycle Party
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
Blue Jeans Blues
Blues Clubs & Bars
San Diego...
Level Contributor
578 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dancing

When it comes to dancing, I wrote the book. The book is called "Standing in the Corner Watching Others Have Fun." But if you're more the bon vivant, head to the Himmarshee entertainment district on SE 2nd St, just west of the train tracks. There are a few places (Porterhouse, Capone's, Coyote Ugly) to get your groove on. There are also a couple of places nearby in the Las Olas Riverfront (east of the tracks and a block south), such as Karma Lounge and Automatic Slims where you can shimmy shimmy y'all.

South Florida
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dancing

Cheers is always fun and has a couple of ladies nights as well.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
98 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dancing

I agree with the riverfront area with automatic slims and what not but I wouldn't recommend Cheers unless your in the mood to mingle with coke heads. Go to Las Olas and hit Mango's on a Fri or Sat night. Awesome live band on Saturday night. Beach Place which is located within the Marriott Beach Place Towers on Fort Lauderdale Beach is a hit or miss. Sometimes it is great and busy and other times it is dead. I suggest staying in the riverfront area or going to Mango's for a great live band on the weekends. If you go to riverfront, hit Max's (always 3 for 1 drinks!) and they aren't stingy on the pour either.

Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now