We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar rental car questions:tolls and return location

Level Contributor
81 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Dollar rental car questions:tolls and return location

Husband and I will be visiting Fort Lauderdale mid October for a long weekend. Been looking at car rates for our visit and have decided to only rent a car for our first day/night. We normally go with Hertz or Avis but their rates are out of sight for our visit. I'm a bit concerned about renting with Dollar but their rate would be $55 less for that one day.

The car is to get us from FLL airport to a Courtyard by Marriott in Weston, We'll go to the Sawgrass Recreation Park then drive to the Courtyard by Marriott on Seabreeze Blvd to check in and drop off luggage. I've done some checking online and there doesn't seem to be any tolls involved with that routing but thought I'd better double check because Dollar must be bad about charging high fees for prepaid tolls.

My second issue would be where to set up the return for the car. I can either go with Port Everglades or the airport. The car rate is the same. The taxi fare back to the Courtyard is half as much from Port Everglades(if my online search is correct!) as the airport but not sure if one location or the other would be less "stressful". We would be returning the car late afternoon on a Sunday if that matters.

Thanks so much in advance for your advice!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,911 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollar rental car questions:tolls and return location

That's odd that the taxi fare is so much less from Port Ev. since Port Ev is actually East and North of the FLL airport and therefore a little further away from Weston.

When you pick up the car ask the agent for one of the free maps which should cover the Port Ev. return office. If it does ask them to highlight that return route - shouldn't be any more difficult than returning the car to the airport.

No tolls from the airport to the Courtyard in Weston - go west on 595 then south on I-75 ... should be exit 15 but verify that. Should be less than 20 miles.

2. Re: Dollar rental car questions:tolls and return location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 14, 2013