We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to get groceries? staying @ condo near e oakland park...

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to get groceries? staying @ condo near e oakland park...

where can i get some groceries for the week. trying to save some cash thanks in advance keith

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to get groceries? staying @ condo near e oakland park...

There are Walgreens, Publix and CVS's all over the place. Pretty sure you won't have to drive far to find a supermarket.

Think there is a Win-Dixie on Oakland Parl Blvd.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to get groceries? staying @ condo near e oakland park...

Yes, you should have no problem finding a nearby grocery- Oakland Park Blvd. is a main road going east to west- do you know the cross street near your condo?

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to get groceries? staying @ condo near e oakland park...

E. Oakland Park Blvd also has what is considered by some the best Cheesesteak in Florida.

The place does not look like much but the cheesesteak we had there were pretty darn good.

mass
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to get groceries? staying @ condo near e oakland park...

Hey Keith -- I'm going to Ft Laud. tomorrow and I live in Westboro! Small world. Anyone know of a grocery store near Avalon Waterfront? (521 N. Ft. Laud. /blvd. -- is this the same as A1A, by the way?) Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to get groceries? staying @ condo near e oakland park...

Yes, that is A1A, but I can't think of any groceries in that area- it's really the tourist area- and there may be a small deli type store, but truly I can't think of one that I am sure is there..

I hope you will post a review of the Avalon after your stay. There is a real difference of opinion about the quality of the rooms in the reviews here. and as locals we don't get to stay in them, so I am at a loss as to how to advise folks who ask.

If you have a car, I think the closest grocery I can think of woud be on SE 17th Street at the Harbor shops, but that is quite a distance.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to get groceries? staying @ condo near e oakland park...

By the way, I think the Cheesesteak place may be called Spanky's but it is not very close to the beach area so you would have to be out and about to get there by car. On the beach at the intersection of Sunrise Blvd. and A1A , Primanti Brothers is a casual place that makes good sandwiches and probably has a Philly Cheesestaek as well- they are a small Pittsburgh, PA based chain.Also a good spot for breakfast.

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to get groceries? staying @ condo near e oakland park...

Im staying on Ne 33rd street on may 12-20 and will be renting a car I just was curious where the closest store was thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to get groceries? staying @ condo near e oakland park...

I'm suspecting closest for you is the shopping center at the intersection of Oakland Park Blvd. and Federal Highway- an easy walk -there is a Target and a Publix Supermarket and a few other shops. I think the closest drugstore would be the CVS at Oakland Park Blvd. and Bayview Drive.

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to get groceries? staying @ condo near e oakland park...

thanks for all your help cant wait for my trip

Ft.Lauderdale/Chicag...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to get groceries? staying @ condo near e oakland park...

There's a Winn-Dixie that lies between A1A and the Galt around 3900 north (about three blocks nort of Oakland Pk). BTW: It is NOT one of the WD's slated to close in the near future.