We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican Cantina to open at former Cafe BlueFish site

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,966 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mexican Cantina to open at former Cafe BlueFish site

I think to be called the Red Dog Cantina- that's all I know as yet- don't know whether that is cause for celebration till I taste their Margaritas!

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican Cantina to open at former Cafe BlueFish site

count me in. so many pubs, so little vacation

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,968 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican Cantina to open at former Cafe BlueFish site

Good news! But I heard that it was going to be a bar called Dirty Dicks. Obviously conflicting information.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,968 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexican Cantina to open at former Cafe BlueFish site

It opened on Wednesday. I hope to visit on Sunday evening IF we arrive in town early enough. Anyone been as yet?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexican Cantina to open at former Cafe BlueFish site

They really opened quickly.... I walked by there just last week and it looked somewhat abandoned - it was after dark, I saw lights on and went over....table and chairs still there, but no sign of life at all.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,968 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexican Cantina to open at former Cafe BlueFish site

Two words from me on the Red Dog Cantina "DON'T BOTHER". Very overpriced for a dive bar IMO and it seriously lacks in atmosphere. I didn't bother with the food after I perused the menu and saw the prices, you can get decent moderately priced Mexican food and cheaper drinks at the Mexican Cantina on Sunrise. As for the decor think Cafe Bluefish with a lick of red paint and a few hub caps screwed to the wall.

6. Re: Mexican Cantina to open at former Cafe BlueFish site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, December 17, 2013