We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels Fort Lauderdale

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
hotels Fort Lauderdale

Could any one suggest a reasonably priced hotel with shuttle service from airport and also to cruise ship. We are seniors and hubby can not do a lot of walking. Would like to do a little sightseeing for our 2 days there before catching cruise. Any help would be greatly appreciated we have saved for a long time for this trip and would like to get the most out of it.

21. Re: hotels Fort Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarized private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:01 am, August 02, 2012
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,290 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: hotels Fort Lauderdale

There is no 'free speech' on a travel forum owned and operated by a for profit business (TA).

So if you fall afoul of the guidleines (as you have) then your posts will be removed. as they have been and will continue to be.

Feel free to move (home or wherever). We won't stop you.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: hotels Fort Lauderdale

Thing is Izzy - you don't know that we haven't already been there!

I'm not sure what your idea of seedy is, but much of that area is seedy IMO.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: hotels Fort Lauderdale

I drove right by the Rodeway Inn today after having lunch at Rendezvouz at Marina Bay... yup the area arund it is till seedy- very seedy- like most areas near the I-95 exits are here in town...not exactly the high rent district at any of them.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,290 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: hotels Fort Lauderdale

Don't get me wrong, I love getting good value for money. I love a bargain.

But I have never sent anyone to a seedy place/area.

And I get blasted regularly on the orlando forum for calling north Idrive (and the daytona forum) for calling those areas seedy. Because they are. And i'd never send newbies to a place that was either seedy or unsafe.

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: hotels Fort Lauderdale

we are staying at La Quinta on north 26th ave

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: hotels Fort Lauderdale

Lulutoo, thank you for steering people into safe neighborhoods, it's because of people like you that TA works so well and is trusted. I too am booked at an airport hotel for March, and am wondering if it is considered a safe area. We booked at the Crowne Plaza on State Road, and was wondering if we can walk to a restaurant from there at night and if it is safe. Thank you again as always to everyone who looks out for travellers.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: hotels Fort Lauderdale

There are no restaurants or shops within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza- it is in an area I would describe as "industrial'- car dealerships, repair shops etc. though the hotel itself is nice inside. Stae RD 84 is teh access road that many trucks use to get ina nd out of the Port and is a multi lane busy street witha railroad track intersecting it. It would not be a good choice IMO for anyone who wants to leave the hotel to dine , shop or sightsee unless they are willing to pay for a taxi ( maybe $10-15 each way to the more touristy area with restaurants and shops) or have a rental car. The hotel itself has a restaurant within- but sort of a typical hotel dining spot- not very good and a bit over priced for what it offers.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: hotels Fort Lauderdale

Bubby- that is the La Quinta in Oakwood Plaza Shopping Center in Hollywood ( south of FT. Lauderdalea) that I asked you about- earlier it is clean and used by many for pre cruise lodging with shuttles. It is at the end of a long strip mall and there is some amount of budget level shopping ( K Mart , Old Navy ) and chain restaurant dining ( Red Lobster, TGI Fridays etc). It just is nowhere near the beach or any tourist attractions and you won't see anything of Ft. Lauderdale if you stay there without paying a large ( perhaps $25 or so each way) taxi fare to go north and east of that area to FT. Lauderdale or Hollywood Beach. If all you want is a clean place to sleep, bathe and dine it will work, but not if you want to see anything of Fort Lauderdale while you are here- unless you will have a car..

30. Re: hotels Fort Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, December 13, 2013