We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in ft lauderdale with free cruise parking?

scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
hotels in ft lauderdale with free cruise parking?

does anyone know of any hotels in Fort Lauderdale which offer free parking to their guests whilst they are on a cruise?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in ft lauderdale with free cruise parking?

Stay and park packages for cruisers are mostly offered by motels in outlying areas both south of the Port on Sw 24 St and south of The Airport in the town of Dania Beach( the Airport is located in Dania Beach , a small town south of us that is right next to the Port). I know of no highrise hotels or beach area hotels that offer it- most of those charge hefty daily fees for parking even to stay there.

Below is a post from December which lists several possibilities- be careful as some Park n Cruise hotels are pretty seedy and offer it to get customers. Post again with any you may be considering before booking them. I would say in general , the motels offering it in Dania Beach are newer and nicer than the ones on 24th St.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34227-i98-k500699…

Edited: 5:41 pm, February 07, 2012
scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in ft lauderdale with free cruise parking?

Thanks for your reply, we are unsure whether to return our rental car rather than pay for parking which is now $18 onsite and $12 off site (That's what it was in Jan 2012), or try to find a hotel which offers free parking to its guests whilst they cruise. Used parknfly and they were very good.

Malabar, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in ft lauderdale with free cruise parking?

we need a hotel to stay for the night pre-cruise, transport to and from cruise port and leave our car parked there for the 7 day duration. There used to be several that offered free parking, but it seems a lot of them are now charging. If that's the case, I'll just drive down the day of the cruise

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in ft lauderdale with free cruise parking?

I think several still offer free parking- some up to 14 days... which have you checked that charge?

I believe Hyatt Place on SE 10th ( and possibly also Hyatt Place in Dania Beach ) offer it - and Courtyard on Gulfstream Way in Dania Beach and I think Hilton Garden Inn- but I don't keep up , so always possible something has changed...

I will add to this post if I can find/verify any

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in ft lauderdale with free cruise parking?

Here's the Park and Cruise package from Hilton Garden Inn

…hilton.com/en/…100029075.htm

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels in ft lauderdale with free cruise parking?

Others that seem to offer anywhere from 7-14 days free parking ( but charge for additional days to that ) appear to be

Cambria Suites, Fairfield Inn ( Griffin Rd) and the Hampton Inn on Stirling Rd. ( which may be shabby from what I have heard) Hyatt Place is listed as well, but I could not verify that on their website.

Of course to be able to park , you must book the cruise and park package they offer- not just make reservation at the hotel.

TA's sister site www.cruisecritic.com likely has some posters who can help you- I always forget if the section of their forums that deals with port city questions is called Home Ports, Ports of Call etc- but it is something like that. and is divided by area.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels in ft lauderdale with free cruise parking?

The Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport hotel has free parking and a cruise shuttle. I stayed there last year - it's clean, safe to leave your car and has a nice pool. However, as LuluToo already stated, it isn't close to much and not near the beach. It's also technically in Hollywood, not Ft. Lauderdale. It's closest to the Oakwood Plaza which has a lot of restaurants and stores in it. It's not far but it's not what I'd call walkable so you'd probably have to quick cab ride over. There's also a Denny's across the street.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels in ft lauderdale with free cruise parking?

That is a nice Holiday Inn- and while it is true your restaurant selection is limited, if you can make do with breakfast at Denny's before heading for your cruise and stop before hand for dinner the night before, it would be a fine choice. For someone with a car it works I'd say. The Sweet Tomatoes salad bar restaurant in Oakwood Plaza is a nice alternative for those who are practicing pre cruise healthy eating- you can make a nice salad as well as some pasta and pizza choices- and I am addicted to their muffins.

I did see one hotel in my research that was charging every day for extended cruise parking ( I have blanked out on which one- hopefully it will come to me) but I really thought that was the exception not the rule -if they allow extended parking at all, it seems to me at the first week is generally free- unless policies have changed very recently.

9. Re: hotels in ft lauderdale with free cruise parking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, September 25, 2013
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels in ft lauderdale with free cruise parking?

Be very cautious as some of those motels tahat offer free parking "packages" are in bad areas of town or otherwise not satisfactory. We are familiar with the previous poster who manages one of them and keeps suggesting that people do searches hoping you will find and use his motel, which us locals have left off the recommendations here with good reason.