We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early March temperatures (sunbathing)

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
upstate new york
Level Contributor
321 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Early March temperatures (sunbathing)

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale for 4 nights the second week of March. I looked at the average temp and its around 70. Given the breeze off the ocean (looking to stay close) is this to cold for sunbathing, swimming, etc.? I know its a crazy question but living in the north we don't sunbath unless its close to 80 or atleast I don't.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,379 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Early March temperatures (sunbathing)

So far it's been a very warm Winter ... in fact my plants think it is already Spring as they're flowering. If it keeps up like this March may very well be warm enough to swim. Certainly if it is sunny it should be good sunbathing weather.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early March temperatures (sunbathing)

March is often a fickle month down here. A couple years ago I remember it was in the 60s in early March, last year it was in the high 70s/low 80s. As AhHah stated, this year has been a very warm winter, but who knows what will happen a month from now. However, usually by late morning the chances that its a bit warmer are pretty good. Even if the temperature is 75F, if you add the humidity it should be close to 80 or so.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early March temperatures (sunbathing)

In sheltered spots it will be warm enough for sun even if it is in the 60's/70's. you just need to keep out of any wind.

I remember we used to climb on the roof of the sorority house in Feb (it was a black roof in NC lol) and sunbathe on sunny days when the temps were lower than that ;-).

4. Re: Early March temperatures (sunbathing)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, February 03, 2013