We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tut exhibit & Ft Laud Grande 3/17-19

Orlando,FL USA
2 posts
Save Topic
Tut exhibit & Ft Laud Grande 3/17-19

Hi all,

This is a kinda "last minute" weekend trip to see the Tut exhibit while my kids are on Spring Break and we'll be staying at the Ft Laud. Grande (formerly Marina Marriott?) - I've got a couple questions:

Is this hotel's remodel/refurb completed or still in the process, does anyone know?

Also, we have bought the Tut tickets online and booked an 8:30 am time slot on Sat (a supposedly lower capacity time)... Still, how early do we need to get to the museum to line up for entry? We'll be picking up the tickets at will-call. Also we'll have our own car - what's the parking situation near museaum?

Any tips appreciated,

Thanks in advance!

~ gem ~

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tut exhibit & Ft Laud Grande 3/17-19

Hello I live in Fort Lauderdale and cannot comment on the Fort Lauderdale Marina Marriott as I have never stayed there, but as for your question regarding King Tut, I already had my tickets, so I am unsure of the line for will-call, but I can tell you that they will not let you line up prior to 30 minutes before your scheduled time. Take your time in the exhibit as the lines to see each individual case can be trying on your patience and generally enjoy this wonderful offering at the MOAFL! I really enjoyed the exhibit it was wonderful! As far as parking goes, park at the public parking garage on SE 2nd Street across from the Riverfront Complex, it's not that expensive and will save you from driving around and around in traffic searching for a spot. It is a short walk up 2nd street from the garage to the MOAFL took me less than 3-5 minutes at about 12:00 p.m. on a Monday.

Orlando,FL USA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tut exhibit & Ft Laud Grande 3/17-19

Thanks for tips pandora, apprecite it!