We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carrie B, Water Taxi, Jungle Queen River Boat. Which 1?

London
Level Contributor
652 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Carrie B, Water Taxi, Jungle Queen River Boat. Which 1?

Hello

Still looking into my options re things to do around the Xmas Holidays. I am currently researching the various river tours out thier and the 3 posts in the titel come up fairly regularly.

Can anyone give me thier views, Jungle Queen is not badly rated on here, but forum posters don't seem too enthusiastic.....I also wanted to ask...if I do decide to go on one of them, is it worth going in the evening considering we may not 'see' much? For instance the Jungle Queen stops on an island - is thier any point at night?

Thanks in advance

Cantwait.....

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,609 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Carrie B, Water Taxi, Jungle Queen River Boat. Which 1?

I have to comment that a frequent local poster here, Florida1, took the Christmas Lights tour and was very disappointed- many businesses cut back on light displays as an economy move and many houses have not been decorated as lavishly as in more prosperous times. I looked down the Intracoastal from Oakland Park Blvd going south one night and could hardly see any Christmas lights to view . It's not the spectacle it used to be when places like Yesterdays were still open with their lavish lights. You can look in and see some nicely decorated trees in private homes, but not tehoverthe top yard displays it seems.

Florida
Level Contributor
574 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Carrie B, Water Taxi, Jungle Queen River Boat. Which 1?

Capt Seaton ~ are you with another boat now?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,609 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Carrie B, Water Taxi, Jungle Queen River Boat. Which 1?

By the way folks, I have a few BOGO coupons for Carrie B which I always cut from our local Friday newspaper. Good for all cruises except their most popular 11 am Sat and Sunday departures ( they also sail at 1 and 3 each day ).

I'd be happy to mail you one if you contact me by private message ( click on my username to get that screen ) and send me your postal address fare is normally $22- so this woukld be a 2/$22 deal.

Please don't post any private inormation about yourself here in the public forum. as spammers sometimes troll the forums looking for working addresses .

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Carrie B, Water Taxi, Jungle Queen River Boat. Which 1?

@Lulutoo- Thanks again for the compliments. I had some great times aboard the Carrie B and I appreciate all they have done for me.

@AtSeaAnne- I have joined the team at Water Taxi, and am looking forward to new experiences and opportunities.

Mentioned in this post
Water Taxi
Water Taxi
5,402 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
London
Level Contributor
652 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Carrie B, Water Taxi, Jungle Queen River Boat. Which 1?

Hello Everyone....Its been a while since I came on this forum, thats cause I've been back in dreary ole London.

Since I was the one that asked the question I just thought I mention that I did do the Water Taxi Tour - we all found it to be a wonderful experience. We parked our car in the Mall (can't remember which) for free - then walked through the mall to a hotel where we caught the Water Taxi.

It was little slow, but very infomative - the narration was brilliant - at times I suppose you would call it cheesy, but this only added to the relaxed atmosphere - we saw some out of this world houses - they also gave lovely little stories about who lived in them - we saw some amazing yaugts (my favourite being Ralph Lauren & Judge Judy's).

We got off at the last stop at Las Olas and just walked around for abit - we went to an amazing Ice-Cream Bar that probably did every flavour Ice- Cream ever invented!! After walking for abit we hopped back on and & went 1 stop up to stop at Fort Lauderdale beach where we had lunch at a place called Lulus Bait Shack which was lovely - we got the Water Taxi back to the mall to pick up our car. That was a really lovely day and the sun was beating down on us - such a nice feeling. The Water Taxi price was also sweeter as at the time I signed up with Living Social (Discount Vouchers) website where we got the vouchers for 1/2 price - thier was no quibbles or anything redeeming them.

All in all even though I didn't do any other River Tours so cannot compare we did enjoy the Water Taxi, and will probably do this again over any others just cause it suited us fine. We didn't do any night tours - I would recommend the Water Taxi for this as you can use your tickets all the way up to about 12am.

Mentioned in this post
Water Taxi
Water Taxi
5,402 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Las Olas Beach
Las Olas Beach
1,542 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale Beach
Fort Lauderdale Beach
7,951 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Lulu's Bait Shack
Lulu's Bait Shack
1,315 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,609 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Carrie B, Water Taxi, Jungle Queen River Boat. Which 1?

I suspect you parked at Galleria Mall on Sunrise Blvd.and walked to the WT stop next to it at the Gallery One Doubletree Hotel. Of course if you planned to come back late after the Mall itself closed, you'd have to be careful to park in the outer parking lots at Galleria. I almost got caught once , stayed later than planned and found access to the covered parking garage closed off - fortunately a security guard helped me get my car out- but I wouldn't recommend it !

We'll look for you on WT Captain Seaton!

Mentioned in this post
Galleria
Galleria
579 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sunrise
Sunrise
Broward County, FL
The Gallery at Beach Place
The Gallery at Beach...
76 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Stoughton...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Carrie B, Water Taxi, Jungle Queen River Boat. Which 1?

how can i get the 2 for 1 re carrie b?

28. Re: Carrie B, Water Taxi, Jungle Queen River Boat. Which 1?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 11, 2013