We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for late dinner Commercial Blvd and FL Turnpike

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
739 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for late dinner Commercial Blvd and FL Turnpike

We will arrive in Miami at 8pm so by the time we get out of the airport and drive up to Lauderdale it'll likely be 10pm. We will be staying in a hotel on Commercial Blvd near the FL Turnpike. We travel monthly to the area and are very familiar with restaurants near by but I'm concerned that most places won't serve dinner so late. Can anyone recommend a a restaurant close by with good food that's open late?? Price is not a factor. Thanks in advance

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,468 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for late dinner Commercial Blvd and FL Turnpike

There are not many great restaurants that come to mind in that area- one possibility is Cheddars , just west of University on the north side of Commercial- their website says they are open till 10:30 ( later on weekends). We have gone there once or twice with friends that live nearby who like it very much and I remember the food being good.

www.cheddars.com/Menus/index.php…

Edited: 7:36 am, March 23, 2011
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,468 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for late dinner Commercial Blvd and FL Turnpike

There is also one of theRuby Tuesday chain almost across Commercial from Cheddars, an out parcel in tehe plaza at University and Commercial ( just west of theCVS drugstore). While it's not terrific, it has a great salad bar and is open till 11 on weekdays , midnight on weekends.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,468 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for late dinner Commercial Blvd and FL Turnpike

This is a really nice Italian place , but it is only open late ( till 11) on weekends- closes at 10 on weekdays. You might put their number in your cell and give them a call as you approach and see what time it is - to see if they can serve you- it's really quite good and again on University, just south if Commercial and in a strip of shops on the east side:

…menupages.com/restaurants/…

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
739 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for late dinner Commercial Blvd and FL Turnpike

Thanks for your recomendations. I know exactly where Ruby Tuesday's is and I've eaten at Fra Diavlo before.

My Grandma also mentioned a rib place on 441 just north of Commercial that I've been to before.

Hopefully we can get out of the airport fast and have more options.

Edited: 8:11 am, March 23, 2011
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,468 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for late dinner Commercial Blvd and FL Turnpike

If the rib place is Bobby Rubino's I think it's closed- but I'll check. Scrubby's is a popular rib place on University just north of Commercial, but I don't know how late their open.

Ther's very litte left on 441/Commercial in the way of dining as it has become quite multi ethnic/lower income- lots of little Chinese and Jamiacan places now. And since Steak and Ale closed I can't come up with any nice places on Commercial itself between 441 and University Dr.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,468 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for late dinner Commercial Blvd and FL Turnpike

Scrubby's sems only open til 10 pm and there is no longer a Bobby Rubino's listed on 441 - its' been closed for awhile from my memory. I can't find any other BBQ restaurant listed anywhere on 441. I'm betting that may be the one she means .

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant for late dinner Commercial Blvd and FL Turnpike

There is a 24 hour diner on Oakland Park Blvd. about 5 miles off the turnpike. Oakland Park Blvd. would be the exit just before Commercial Blvd. It would be a little out of your way but I thought I would mention it just in case you arrive even later than you hope and need to eat. It's called Peter Pan Diner.

8. Re: Restaurant for late dinner Commercial Blvd and FL Turnpike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, October 27, 2012