We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk to bars and beach, under $200 per night, not a gay...

Rochester, NY
7 posts
Save Topic
Walk to bars and beach, under $200 per night, not a gay...

I have been reding a lot and trying to find a place that is close to the beach and a few places to eat and drink. I am comming down with a friend for 4 nights in early March. We are not gay and would not be comfortable in a gay resort. We are flying in to Ft. Lauderdale and renting a car. I would prefer to stay on Ft. Lauderdale beach but if there is another area on the water where I should look please tell me. I definately want to be within a short walk of the beach and a few bars. I dont drink and drive. I will also be golfing a couple days which is why we will have the car.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Walk to bars and beach, under $200 per night, not a gay...

We are due to arrive at the BW Oceanside on 23 Jan, I guess the building situation around there is the same as Miami indeed the same as in our soon to be Capital of Culture Liverpool, and that is pretty constant, huge buildings going up all over.

Will post when I get back and will wave to Lulutoo in all directions if we walk past the Ramada!

Rochester, NY
7 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Walk to bars and beach, under $200 per night, not a gay...

Lulutoo thank you for the info. I was wrong, when I checked the Tropi Rock it was through a hotels.com which said there were no rooms avail.. I called the Tropi Rock directly and I was able to book a room for my stay at a great rate. I am looking foward to checking the place out after reading the reviews.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,599 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Walk to bars and beach, under $200 per night, not a gay...

Have a great time on your vacation and be sure to post a review of the TropiRock on your return. As a local it is hard to suggest places I never get to stay in!

Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale