We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King Tut exhibit

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
74 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
King Tut exhibit

I've read several of the postings on the King Tut Exhibit at the Museum of Art in Ft. Lauderdale. There appears to be mixed response. Any one else who has seen it care to sign in on the topic? We're considering coming from GA which will involve the expense of a flight, a rental car, a hotel, and tickets to the exhibit. What say you? Worth the trouble and the money?

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: King Tut exhibit

I think it's definitely worth the money. Fort Lauderdale is a quick Delta flight away and if you stay at a Marriott, who is a sponsor of the King Tut exhibit, your Tut tickets are included. There's info about it at www.sunny.org/tut. If you maximize your stay by taking in the beaches, the waterways, shopping at Sawgrass Mills, and even a hockey game at BankAtlantic Center, it's a slam dunk. I have sent several friends and family members to King Tut and have heard all positives.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
74 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: King Tut exhibit

Thanks, Formerbuck. I checked the Website you suggested and found it full of info'. We've just about decided to take in the Exhibit...and your other suggestions sound great. You must know how to have fun!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: King Tut exhibit

I loved the King Tut exhibit. The Museum does a great job presenting the artifacts. It's well laid out and the musuem is large so there's enough breathing room among who knows how many people in the exhibit. The headphone audio tour is something you have to get too ($7). It's a really sweet exhibit!

BC

Detroit, MI
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: King Tut exhibit

We saw the KIng Tut exhibit when it toured US/Canada in 1978-1979. Very exciting exhibit. This year we will see the exhibit in Fort Lauderdale in February. Some of the items exhibited in '78-'79 are not returning on this tour to which is what others referred. Do not miss it though if you like to see really ancient artifacts that anyone of us today would happily wear or use. The amount of gold and gems is astonishing.