We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Hotel

We are planning a trip to FL next month and are looking at the Ramada Plaza Beach Resort on 40th street. Can anybody please give me some personal feedback on this property. I realize Trip Advisor does have some info, but i would prefer some personal advice. Any info would help in regards to hotel condition and location. Thank you.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel

The hotel address you have given confuses me- The Ramada Beach Plaza is at 4060 Galt Ocean Mile. If that is the hotel you are referring to it is an ok hotel right on the beach- nothing special or luxurious but ok and located in an area of upscale condos.

There are two other Ramada Hotels I know of in the area- the Ramad Airport/Cruiseport is at 2275 State Rd. 84. It is a marginal Ramada- the hotel is a bit run down and the area around it is very deserted and a little scary at night- I can think of only one fairly nice eating place ( Old Heidelberg) in the area. Many people use it for pre or post cruise because they have a free shuttle- but I would absolutely not imagine being comfortaaaaaable there as a tourist. The reviews of it on this site are pretty on target.

The third Ramada , Ramada Plaza at 5060 N. State Rd. 7 is one that is sold by telephone solicitors selling "time share inspection" packages. It is a not nice hotel in a very bad area- unless you frequent pawn shops and adult video stores. It is 13 miles from the beach though the company claims it to be "near the beach." I hope you were not foolish enough to book this package- if you did the cruise you accepted is equally poor.

All the reviews on the site for all three of these properties seem reasonably accurate to me, but I can't figure out which one you are referring to.