We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahamas Celebration cruise ship

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
3 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Bahamas Celebration cruise ship

Let me start by saying I have been on this ship 4 times. You get what you pay for!!!! Don't be surprised by the ship because it is not nearly as nice as the worst Carnival, RC, or NCL ship! I am truly surprised this ship sails still!!! Maybe the problems with this ship is why they have moved from Ft. Lauderdale to Palm beach???

1st.... THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANET!!!

2nd... The cabins are ULTRA small!!

3rd... The lower decks have no tvs...

4th... Do not pay for excursions in advance, they mysteriously lose your reservation!

5th... My girlfriend was originally given a 100 dollar voucher, only upon arrival to find out its expired by 1 day! How covenient!! So after not using it, we spoke with a girl @ the office. She sent us a voucher for 25 dollars, on company letter head, only to be told upon arrival that this is no good either since the girl is no longer employed by the company. Mind you this happened all within a month!! How SUPER CONVENIENT!!!

6th... They do not honor their drink specials.....DO NOT BUY the pineapple!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now.... the pros of this ship, since you've heard the a majority of the cons already! The wait staff is friendly & accomodating and I feel really DO try! The food is average, the drinks are average the rest of the ships activities are "you guessed it" AVERAGE!

I would only suggest this cruise line if you pay less than 150 a person, because lets face it.... a flight to Nassau is about a 150 dollars from Lauderdale or Palm beach!

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
Sylvania, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
171. Re: Bahamas Celebration cruise ship

I was offered a bonus vacation to Las Vegas and Mexico, 2 nights each, does anyone try that?

I am afraid of all hidden charges as I experienced on the latest cruise last week

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Durham, North...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
172. Re: Bahamas Celebration cruise ship

The only good thing about this ship was the staff and honestly after to talking to them I feel sorry for them.

The ship is VERY old. I do not get sea sick but the rocking was pretty bad probably because the ship is very small. The food in RIO is not good at all. If you can get into the crystal dinning room do it the food is there is ok but 100% better than RIO. The other two dinning rooms will cost you and roomservice for canrival cruises we went on were free and here it costs you. The drinks are about 8 dollars a piece they do offer drinks the last night for 4 dollars for an hour. DO NOT book the excursions with he ship they were charging 29 dollars a person and we got the same things plus another trip to lucaya for 28 dollars for TWO people.

The ship has European outlets and you CANNOT take a straightener and honestly dont take a hairdryer it wont work even if you bring your own converter. (We tried and it did not work had to borrow one from the desk).

The beds were HORRIBLE! They sloped down and were not comfortable at all; laying on the beach and napping in the sand was more comfortable.

Will NEVER do this cruise again after the add ons you can spend the same and go for longer with carnival and have better food, entertainment, larger ship, more excursions, etc.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
173. Re: Bahamas Celebration cruise ship

Thanks for the post. Going on the Celebration in May for a friend's wedding - guess I'm "pre-warned"...!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
174. Re: Bahamas Celebration cruise ship

I Won A Free Cruise or Is It Really Free?....this cruise may not be for everyone or perhaps best for no one...

Bahamas Celebration (cruise ship), sails out from Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach Florida and is owned by Celebration Cruise Line and Caribbean Cruise Line.

Do yourself a favour and read some insightful info on this ship and the Cruise Lines which offer these cruises....please do an internet search for "Lessons from my free cruise"

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Anacortes...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
175. Re: Bahamas Celebration cruise ship

I received a coupon for "free Bahamas Cruise", only to be told it would cost me $200+ per person in advance for taxes. Sounded like a scam to me, so I decided to research it. ( I should've researched first). After reading the reviews, I am very glad I did not go for the "free" offer!

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
1 post
Save Reply
176. Re: Bahamas Celebration cruise ship

Im a Us resident and I have my green card. Ive been cruises before and all I needed was just my green card and drivers license. They are saying that ill will need my passport which I have but its expired and by the time I receive a new passport my cruise will expire. Can anyone confirm that I will need my passort to cruise. Has anybody seen someone get denied because they didnt have their passort.

Fair Lawn, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
177. Re: Bahamas Celebration cruise ship

My wife and I recently returned from a cruise to Freeport. We had a great time. We realize out cabin was small and cramped, but we hardly spent any time there. We don't drink, so the alcohol expense was not a factor. We frequent Broadway and other theater and found the entertainment to be rather enjoyable. Tricia Kelly was supurb. The crew and staff were exceedingly accommodating. I do not like long cruises and this was perfect. We received an offer for less than $100 per person. We thought the value was wonderful and will go again in a minute.

Mentioned in this post
Freeport
Freeport
Grand Bahama Island
Lake Mary, Florida
Level Contributor
217 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
178. Re: Bahamas Celebration cruise ship

Me and my misses went on this cruise line as a last minute deal at the start of January. It was our first cruise and it has put us off going on another in the near future. Truly abysmal. Food is crap, service crap, constantly pestered to get drinks when eating, And the size of the room even in the "large" rooms is that of a shoebox. I wouldn't use it if it was free....

6 posts
Save Reply
179. Re: Bahamas Celebration cruise ship

Do you have there email address.?

6 posts
Save Reply
180. Re: Bahamas Celebration cruise ship

Do you have there email address.?