We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants near Fort Lauderdale Airport Hilton?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurants near Fort Lauderdale Airport Hilton?

Arriving late on a Friday night & staying at the Hilton Airport Hotel.

Restaurant recommendations (entrees up to $25.00 pp max) or family type restaurants requested.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,567 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurants near Fort Lauderdale Airport Hilton?

Will you have a car? Because that Hilton is on the Airport's "Greenway"- sort of a long elongated park wher ther are no businesses except for the hotels, the only close restaurant other than the one in your hotel is another hotel dining room at the hotel across the street. Beyond walking distance , i like the Islamorada Fish restaurant further west at Outdoor World. I am not sure of their hours on a Friday night- I'll check and repost..( how late does it need to be open for you?) Additionally , there is a very casual but rather expensive Rustic Inn Crabhouse ( other seafood as well) to the west and north. I happen not to be a fan , but many others really like it. Both of these would require a short taxi ride. There are additional restaurantsmuch further west on Griffin- one is probably our best area Indian ( Royal India ) and also the Big Fat Greek Restaurant , which I have enjoyed. I know there are a few others but all are some distance. west

I may have forgotten one or two, but basically , it has always been my feeling that that area is very lacking in convenient good restaurants, and that is often commented about in reviews of that hotel.

It has long been a mystery to me why ther

Edited: 11:26 pm, March 23, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Islamorada
Islamorada
Florida Keys, FL
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurants near Fort Lauderdale Airport Hilton?

Thank you for your help; it does appear there are not that many accessible restaurants unless we hire a taxi (and I have experienced those before too!)

We are arriving around 9 pm on a Friday evening so will see how the energy level is by then.

Your suggestions esp. the seafood sound fabulous!

3. Re: Good restaurants near Fort Lauderdale Airport Hilton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, September 21, 2010