We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
21 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

What is the best way to work a flight arrival at FLL to a cruise ship leaving the Port of Miami in December? A transfer purchased by Carnival? A taxi round trip? Help! Best advice appreciated.. wkgal.

Toronto
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

We attempted to use John's car service due to the overwhelming positive review, however, we had a dreadful experience with him.

First, we found him difficult to communicate with as he refused to call us and insisted that we call him instead (despite knowing we were from out of country and using a cell phone). And when we did call, he sometimes did not answer.

As a result of this, we made alternate plans and when we informed him of this, he send a nasty email as well as a nasty text to us.

Second, his rate is $80 USD EACH WAY not as advertised.

We would STRONGLY recommend AGAINST using his service.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,489 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

I'm always suspect of recommendations for car services posted by "first time, only time "posters.

On many Forums they are no more than advertisments posted by an owner or his friends. Unfortunately we locals seldom get to try out car services.I'll keep that one in mind and post your warning next time they are mentioned.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

Did you have to pay in advance? If not, did you pay him each way at the time of service?

Thanks!

Newton...
Level Contributor
1 post
274 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

the guy is clearly a con artist, just forget it. Try SAS.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

I have made a reservation for John's service in May. Now I'm concerned. I did not have to pay in advance so could cancel. What is SAS?

Thanks

MD
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

need to know about johns car service also cruzin in may 09 need reasonable transportation from fll to port of miami

Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

I am looking for the best way to travel from FFL to Port of Miami. We are leaving July 26. If anyone is interested in sharing a taxi, please respond. Thx~

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

I have cancelled my reservation for transfers with John. I have made arrangements with SAS Transportation. They will pick us up at our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale and take us to the Port of Miami on the day of the cruise. They will pick us up at the port and return us to the Ft. Lauderdale Airport at the end of the cruise. The charge is $15 per person each way. This does not include gratuity. The website is www.ridesas.com. Steven is the person I made the arrangements with.

Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

Great...I will call Steve and make arrangements. Thanks again!

PHOENIX
1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

We used EASY EXPRESS...WWW.EASYEXPRESS.BIZ ...They are leaving every 30 minutes on the dot, from FLL and the Port, pick you up from the Destiny..We had to bring our own babyseat, which Mario ( the darling cabin steward stored for us in the outside corridor storage area.