We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle Queen

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jungle Queen

Hi there

I have read reviews on the Jungle Queen (some good, some bad).

Can anyone tell me, is it worth taking a trip or should I give it a miss? Is the food as bad as some reviews say. Has anyone been recently?

We are going to be in Fort Lauderdale for a week in October, we have no children and I just want an honest opinion on the JQ.

Any advise most welcome

Thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungle Queen

I'm sorry to say the food and the experience are as bad as you have read. I would tell you not to spend your money or time that way. I am not sure if they are still around , but visit theweb site www.carrieb.com This is a small boat that cruises the New River without serving food- though you can purchase drinks. You get to see all the great scenery with commentary on the way and then when you return to the dock, you are only a block south of Las Olas Blvd. full of great resturants where you can choose anywhere you like for cocktails and/or dinner- perhaps followed by some Jazz at O'Hara's. The food will be much better! I am just not sure what the Carrie B's schedule is in any given month- usually 2 hour cruises throughout the afternoon and one in the evening- the web site sometimes hasa buy one/get one coupon. I am a local and have been on the Carrie B. several times, but haven't been to Las Olas lately to see 9if it is docked there again or away for the summer!

Lowell...
Level Contributor
62 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungle Queen

Hello !

Belive the last post......! DON'T DO IT !! It was a the worst trip and food ever. I am amazed the board of health allows for them to serve the public. Makes you wonder? We were in FLL this past May and we knew not to repeat the JQ from last October's expericence. We went on the "Riverfront" cruises, at Las Olas, (downtown FLL) they do not serve food, they do have beer, coctails, & snacks.

But you are in Las Olas, many, many good places to eat. Being from New England, and a Miami Dolphin fan, I had to take my die hard Patriots husband for lunch at Dan Marino's place. GREAT food ! Our you can take the Water Taxi/Bus and it is just as informative.

Have a wonderful and safe trip.

P.S.

The JQ does not take credit cards! Cash or check ONLY ?!?!!!!

UK
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jungle Queen

Thanks, I will take your advise and give it a miss. X