We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which location for ahotel in Fort Lauderdale

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Which location for ahotel in Fort Lauderdale

My parents are visiting Fort Lauderdale for 1 night pre cruise and 7 nights after their cruise in January 2006 ... Does anyone have any ideas where an English couple in the late 50s could stay? they like gambling, bingo, walks and eating out, not overly fussed about being near the beach ? I was thinking maybe about a Marina location?? looking for a 2,3 or 4 star Hotel, thanks for anyones input - it is greatly appreciated ... Corrine

Ft.Lauderdale,FL
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which location for ahotel in Fort Lauderdale

There is a Marriott located at Beach Place which has some little shops ans places to eat right down stairs, its literally across the street from the beach and pretty close to the port assuming they are leaving from FT.L and not MIA. There are some less expensive hotels a little futher in. I know of a Hampton Inn that is in downtown FT.L which is nice, its newly built 2 or 3 years old I think. That is a about 1/2 mile away from Las Olas. There is a Cheesecake Factory there and some other little cafe's and resturants. Little art galleries stiff like that. That maybe something more up their ally since Beach Place tends to be for more of a 'younger' crowd. A hotel that is right on Las Olas is call the Riverfront hotel , but that maybe a bit pricy. Hope this helps!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which location for ahotel in Fort Lauderdale

Why not the Hard Rock Hotel? Close to the airpoirt/cruise terminals, shops, gambling, restaurants. Its just outside of Fort Lauderdale.