We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverside Hotel

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Riverside Hotel

Hi there,

Were leaving in a few days to go to Ft. Lauderdale to visit my husbands grandmother. We stayed last time off the water because we found a room with a kitchen to make thanksgiving dinner, this time though without the obligation of cooking we booked at the Riverside Hotel.

Has anyone been there? Is it as nice as it looks online?

I got a rate of 109 which is awesome considering how much things cost down there.

Does anyone know how far it is to the beach from there?

If anyone can recommend a hotel which is on the beach there that cateres to families and is clean and nice, let me know. I have till tomorrow to cancel my reservation.

Thanks!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverside Hotel

Riverside was a great hotel last time i stayed in 2004, and i visited some friends there in 2005 for the air and sea show. its right on las olas blvd downtown on the river. there are lots of shops and eateries on las olas, and the riverfront entertainment complex is about 10 blocks(movies, shops, restaurants). the water taxi can take most anywhere on the intracoastal(recomdended)and its behind the hotel.

the hotel is about 1 mile from the ocean. downtown also has the museaum of science and industry/art museums/discovery center for the kids/boat rides.

a good hotel suggestion on the beach is marriotts beach place villas. these are one or two bedroom villas(condos), marriott hotel amenities right on the ocean.

have fun