We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Advice

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation Advice

Hi Folks

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a place to stay in Fort Lauderdale. There is so much, it's almost impossible to narrow down.

We are a couple in our 30's. We don't mind whether the place is a condo or a house as long as there is a bit of outside space - balcony, lanai, garden or pool and also parking. We're looking for clean and safe, of course, and within walking distance of a few nice restaurants. Near the beach would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

We are looking to spend around $200 a night for 7-9 days at the end of February.

Many thanks

Jim

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Advice

One possibility might be to look at VRBO ( a vacation rental by owner website) for properties in Lauderdale by the Sea. This is a little seaside "village" on the north end of Ft. Lauderdale Beach and is very popular with European visitors. Any property in that town woule definitely be walking distance to the beach. There is one street in particular , Bouganvilla , that has many townhomes that are rented to tourists and most have pools. It is easy walking distance to a small strip mall with grocery and drug stores and small casual eating places. Just to the south about a two or three block walk are "finer dining" including Blue Moon Fish Co. and Pa D' Gennaro's , which is Italian- and the Aruba Beach Cafe, casual but oceanfront. The newly remodeled Benihana Japanese has just reopened right on the water.

Last season , a few visitors from Britain rented in that area and were quite happy. There is a separate Forum for Lauderdale by the Sea- not as "active" as this one, but still it could be helpful.

I know of no one who has ever been locally "scammed" by a VRBO rental, but such things have been known to happen as you are renting directly from an owner, so excercise normal caution. I think a poster who was pleased with their rental listed one specifically by address- if I can find it , I'll link you up.

I was in that area yesterday to dine at the nearby SeaWatch - another lovely place a bit further north and noticed they were doing street and sidewalk replacement on Bouganvilla- but that should be well over by February.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Advice

I found the poster, who was thrilled with a rental at 4547 Bouganvilla and got it through www.cyberrentals.com

Here's a link to one of the posts if you want to PM them for more info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34227-i98-k134435…

3. Re: Accommodation Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 08, 2009