We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NE 16th Terr, Ft. Lauderdale

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hebron, KY
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
NE 16th Terr, Ft. Lauderdale

We are going to be in Ft. Lauderdale in late July. We found a home to rent for the week. It's address is on NE 16th Terr. Does anyone know if this is a decent, safe neighborhood to stay in? It's in teh Poinsettia Heights neighborhood, close to Wilton Manors. Thanks!

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NE 16th Terr, Ft. Lauderdale

When I checked Google Maps, NE 16th Terrace runs N & S from a few blocks N of Las Olas Blvd, through Sunrise Blvd, through Oakland Park Blvd and up past Commercial Blvd.

That is quite a distance, and Wilton Manors is near a small portion of it. I think it is several miles between Las Olas north to past Commercial Blvd. It does not run straight through.

What is needed is a house number. Area might be good, or might be better to stay in at night. Not near beach. May not be near Wilton Manors either.

http://www.poinsettiaheights.org/

The Gill Company developed this area (North Ridge/Poinsetta Heights)

in the 1940s & 50s. They also build the beach front Yankee Clipper & Trader...... The houses are old, but when we drive through, they look very well kept. As does Wilton Manor....need a house number

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NE 16th Terr, Ft. Lauderdale

If it's listed as Wilton Manors , it should be between Sunrise Blvd.and Oakland Park Blvd. KenK is right- a street address would make a difference- areas can go from good to dodgy in just a few blocks. I'm usually around that area midweek and could take a run down the street to see.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
578 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NE 16th Terr, Ft. Lauderdale

I live in Poinsettia Heights and can give you the thumbs up. Ours is a "classic Old Florida" neighborhood of modest 1950's ranch homes, each on about 1/4 acre. It's diverse in terms of gay/straight, but less diverse as far as race or ethnicity is concerned.

I love the convenience to the beach, shopping and restaurants. Wilton Manors begins just about 5 blocks north of there and we're about a 5-minute drive from the action. If you'd care to give me the address, I'll check out the house for you.

Hebron, KY
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NE 16th Terr, Ft. Lauderdale

The address is 1624 NE 16th Terr. She says it's in Poinsettia Heights. I've seen pictures of the inside and outside of the house and it looks immaculate. They've converted a third bedroom into a stunning master bathroom. There's a private pool, lanai and hot tub. Any help you can give me would be FANTASTIC! We're not out too much at night, so I'm not too concerned with coming and going in the dark. Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NE 16th Terr, Ft. Lauderdale

Awfulcat sounds like the perfect Local Expert for this one- and if you end up being his neighbor that would be a plus! Let's see what he can tell you- definitely closer to Sunrise Blvd than Oakland Park Blvd- or so it sounds to me!

6. Re: NE 16th Terr, Ft. Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 02, 2009