We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Depressing price hike!!!!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,109 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Depressing price hike!!!!

I have just checked on Expedia for flight prices to FL 6th October - 20th and could not believe my eyes. The screen said £463 so I hit select and the price went to £1310 each. In complete shock I changed airports to Miami and got the same deal! I then logged on to sunny.org to see if anything was going on in FL for these dates which would warrant the ridiculous price hike and apart from the boat show at the end of the month there does not appear to be anything of popular appeal happening. I also tried Best Western's web site for the Best Western Oceanside all rooms sold. E bookers have no flights for these dates so what's happening that I don't know about?

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Depressing price hike!!!!

Even though it is the wrong forum I also want to say welcome back to Nick Dolphins.

Just trawling through the Fl forums and find that you are posting again - well done.

I look forward to your future contributions on the old Orlando threads.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Depressing price hike!!!!

Vegas, what a softie you have become!! Next thing you'll do is invite Semi out for a few drinks.... And here I thought you were such a fearsome dude...

I KNOW you are much relieved that the Queen is safely back home!

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Depressing price hike!!!!

Is she. What a dismal pretentious show she put on to try and belittle dubya.

I saw it as bullying.

I really cannot be arsed with all that protocol and boot licking - the Windsors are a disgrace and should be lined up against a wall and weed on.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Depressing price hike!!!!

Lulu I have always had a soft spot for your intelligence and candour but semi has always taken the things i say the wrong way. She knows what i think of her.

Glad you have seen the real me. ho ho

:0)

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,524 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Depressing price hike!!!!

Nick I am sooo glad you are back! miss you much! :*

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Depressing price hike!!!!

Hey Semi,

Never really went anywhere but I work alot of hours these days and so dont have time for daily TA visits.........best way to contact me is through the messaging system if you need me or have questions, etc as I rarely look at the forums.

Nice to hear from ya Semi, Nick

27. Re: Depressing price hike!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, August 31, 2009