We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cold Weather's Arriving for President's Weekend!!

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cold Weather's Arriving for President's Weekend!!

Bring your warm clothing if you are coming down this weekend. A cold front is moving in sometime Thursday and morning temps on Friday and Saturday are going to be in the 40's and highs only in the

mid-high 60's!! very unusual for us and not beach weather I'm afraid! What a shame for those coming down for the President's Day long weekend! Haven't seen a forecast for Sunday as yet, but you might want to keep up on it at www.weather.com

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cold Weather's Arriving for President's Weekend!!

Lulutoo - sounds positively balmy to we Canadians. It's -45, yes -45, with the windchill here this morning. My husband and I are thoroughly looking forward to our trip there in 3 weeks. We'd look ridiculous down there in what passes for our warm clothing - parkas, snowpants, boots, mittens, scarves, etc.! You'll recognize us because we'll be the nutty ones in shorts and t-shirts in Ft. Lauderdale.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cold Weather's Arriving for President's Weekend!!

Its funny you should say that. Im the only one at work wearing tank tops and skirts. Everyone else is wearing sweaters LOL

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cold Weather's Arriving for President's Weekend!!

I've now become a true Floridian and will no doubt be in my sweatsuit on the weekend- but the Canadians in my building will be in shorts and the Brits likely in swimwear headed to the beach! When I first moved here to teach school I'd be in short sleeves and my students would arrive in parkas and earmuffs! LOL!

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cold Weather's Arriving for President's Weekend!!

Darn, I was going to come down Saturday night. I wanted to see the A1A Marathon.

On Long Island we are awaiting our first snow storm of the year. I enjoy snow once a year. It might be nice to be snowed in on Valentine's Day....

Hopefully not too many flights will be cancelled. Schools are closed here next week and many people have travel plans. Flights are pretty much sold out to any warm (er) destination.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cold Weather's Arriving for President's Weekend!!

We had one of the most beautiful days ever today -Wednesday- highs in the lower 80's and beautiful sunshine. According to the local weather gurus( Don Noe Channel 10 and others), the temp tomorrow will be 75 ( which is nice) the the low will be 55. Friday will be getting chillier and Saturday will have a low of no higher than 45 and a high in the low 60's- Sunday will be about 68 for a high and a low of about 48. After that it will start to warm slowly. I realize that is warm compared to the rest of the country but that is really cold for us- and there will be wind chill also on Sat and Sunday for sure. So sorry for all those folks who have planned President's Day down here- it won't be up to our usual for this time , which should be highs of 70-80, lows in the mid 60's.

Looks pretty ugly up North , Pat- I've got friends/family in Boston, Hartford and Buffalo . Hope you all stay inside nice and cozy!

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cold Weather's Arriving for President's Weekend!!

The weather is certainly different up North. We didn't have much snow we had ice which is really worse. My daughter in Mass. had her classes cancelled for the day. My two in D.C. didn't have to go to work. My other son was also home. He works for Southwest and they cancelled all their flights today. The only one that had to work was my husband. Thats what happens when you own your own business.

Hopefully the sun will be out tomorrow. Although ice is dangerous it is quite beautiful to see all the trees glistening. There is something magical about icicles.

Enjoy your good weather!

7. Re: Cold Weather's Arriving for President's Weekend!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 26, 2009