We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando

Durham England
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando

We are thinking of taking our grandchildren (ages 10 and 13) to Orlando. We have never been before and money is not in abundance. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about it as there seems to be many different sorts of packages and deals ex with car, not with car. Also is a car a necessary? Is it best to have a hotel within the theme parks or outside of them. Any help will be much appreciated.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando

I'm assuming you mean Disney World, which is not in Orlando but nearer to Kissimmee or Lake Buena Vista. But you will fly into the Orlando International airport.

If you stay at a hotel on Disney property you will not need a car, but you have to get there. I believe some hotels do provide transport from the airport. However without a car you will limit yourself severly to only the shops on Disney.

But you've posted your query in the wrong forum. Post it in the Orlando or Kissimmee forums. You can also get a pretty good idea of what to expect just by reading some of the other messages.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
28 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando

Jaxster,

It depends on what kind of vacation you have in mind.

Consider staying on a 2 bedroom condo in Lake Buena Vista. It would cost you less than a regular hotel room and you wold be more comfortable. Some have regular shuttle buses or vans to Theme Parks.

I prefer renting a car, as can have more flexible times, shop, and get lost a little... Isnt it part of the fun anyway?

National, Alamo and Dollar have their cars inside the airport parking lot, so you won't need to get a shuttle.

If you plan renting a car I reccommend you to try the www.rentalcarsavers.com . Their rates are unbelievable. I've rented a Town and Country from National with LDW/CDW included for 440,00 for the whole period of 15 days!

Also check the Magicard site, as they have great discount on hotel rates.

I have stayed on Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa, liked it a lot, and saved money with Magicard. The only thing I had to do was call them and ask for the magical savings.

www.orlandoinfo.com/magicard/offers.cfm

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando

Lu Rio, the original message is over a year and a half old. I suspect the poster has visited long long ago.

4. Re: Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, October 03, 2009