We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Inn and Suites info

Lowestoft, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Hampton Inn and Suites info

Hi has anyone stayed here please? WEhat are your views..I am thinking of staying here whilst visiting my sister while she is posted here at Amelia for work for amonth..What are the suites like, food, pool, amenities etc Is the beach close by?? Is it quite relaxed here as dont want formal.As I will just be chilling out and getting a tan whilst she works ah ha.... Are there shops etc etc etc.. thanks for any info

Lowestoft, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton Inn and Suites info

Also....Is the beach walking distance from the Hampton Inn and Suites?? would like a stroll rather than a drive maybe...

Virginia
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton Inn and Suites info

HI&S is about a mile from the beach, but is located in the historical district with lots of shopping and restaurants. It's a very nice hotel with the usual HI amenities. Last time I was there (a couple years ago), the did a very nice complimentary b'fast. Better than the usual stale muffins/bagels, although their coffee is as stale as you would expect from a complimentary service. All in all, I would recommend. If you want to spend more, then there are other options (B&B, resorts, etc.) on the Island.

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampton Inn and Suites info

A earlier post noted, HI&S is located on the riverfront (western side of the Island) one block off Centre Street which is the main street in the Historic Distict. Can't be beat for convenience to the restaurants, shops & wonderful historic homes.

However, if you want close access to the beach; it is about 1 1/4 mile east - a long but pleasant walk with sidewalks & bike lane most of the way.

There is a regular Hampton Inn (off Sadler Road) that is about 1/4 mile from beach also on the Island (next to a Best Western and the Amelia Hotel & Suites). There is also a new Comfort Suites located right across the street from the Main Beach park.

4. Re: Hampton Inn and Suites info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 28, 2009