We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo/Villa Recommendations???

5 posts
Save Topic
Condo/Villa Recommendations???

Two girlfriends are planning a 3-day getaway to FB mid-July and would like specific recommendations for a clean, comfortable condo or villa. Preference would be closer to FB than south end of Amelia Island. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
2 replies to this topic
Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,953 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo/Villa Recommendations???

First, you may have an issue with anything shorter that a week rental in season. Second, PM me for a rental agent I have been using for 4 or 5 years who may be able to help you.

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo/Villa Recommendations???

As Stevedec noted, getting a short rental through an agency will probably be very difficult as most during the season run Saturday to Saturday. Try VRBO and airbnb which cater more to the short term vacation goers. You will find the condo complexes located in the City limits to be mid-sized compared to the high-rise condos at Summer Beach and AIP. Need to read the recent reviews to determine state of unit, furniture and furnishings. Any rental within the city limits is supposed to have a rental license with the city and undergo annual fire safety inspections, although some try to fly under the radar. Personally, I would avoid such accommodations as if they are willing to take a shortcut there, where else?

Reply to: Condo/Villa Recommendations???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fernandina Beach