We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amelia Island

Schodack, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Amelia Island

I am looking for a hotel on or very close to the beach for end of June. I want to stay somewhere where beach chairs and umbrellas are provided or can be rented. People seem to like the Hampton Inns but I'm not sure which of the 2 are closest to the beach and if they provide chairs and towels.

Can someone tell me which Hampton I'm looking for and if there are any other beachfront hotels I should consider?

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amelia Island

Hello, we like The 1735 House or Elizabeth Pointe Lodge, check them out.

Virginia
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amelia Island

There are limited options that fit your description. I know Elizabeth Point has beach chairs, etc.--not sure about 1735. The Ritz and Amelia Island Plantation obviously have those amenities, but at a much higher cost. The only other "on the beach" option is the Beachside Motel. It's an older style "motel" but well kept, and I believe they also offer these amenities. Regardless, you'll enjoy the uncrowded, pristine 13 miles of beach.

Atlanta
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amelia Island

We stayed in the Hampton Inn on Sadler St. It is about 1/4 from the beach very convenient and reasonably priced. These others are on the beach........you can Google them and check them out.

Amelia Hotel and Suites

The Surf Restaurant Lounge and Motel

Beachside Motel

We just bought a house about a mile from the beach, so we're going to have to carry our chairs!

Southern Belle in...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Amelia Island

I stayed a week at the Hampton Inn on Sadler Road - there are 2 of them on the island. Sadler Road is 1 block from the beach and will LOAN you beach chairs, boogie boards, umberellas, beach towels, etc. Very nice staff, had colouring pages for my daughter at Easter!

Love the afternoon cookies too! Very clean and nice. We will stay there again.

Norwalk, Connecticut
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Amelia Island

For future reference - Stay at the Amelia Hotel on Sadler Road. It is just across the street form the beach and is the closet guest rooms to the beach and water on the island. - They are upgrading all their rooms and they are much better than the Hamptons - and as the Amelia Hotel is at the beach, not parking, no walking blocks with beach stuff and they offer a full compliment of beach chairs, surf boards, etc.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amelia Island

Sorry to disagree with Westnor but the statement that Amelia Hotel is "closest guest rooms to the beach and water on the island" is just not correct. It is across the street and there is a large restaurant right in front of it. 1735 House and Elizabeth Pointe Lodge are right on the beach, steps to the water.