We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the beaches like in the Estero Island/Ft. Myers are

Milan, IN
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What are the beaches like in the Estero Island/Ft. Myers are

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the beaches are in the Ft. Myers area. We went to the St. Pete area about 3 years ago and I did not particularly like the beach. It was very shelly and sometimes very hard to walk on. On the other hand we went to Marco Island a couple of years ago and loved it. Clear water, no seaweed and no shells to hurt your feet. Can someone give me an idea of what Estero Island/Ft. Myers beaches are like? We will be staying at the Pink Shell Resort from July 12-17th. Thanks!

Miromar Outlets
Factory Outlets, Shopping Malls
Koreshan State Park
Historic Sites, Parks
Coconut Point Mall
Shopping Malls, Movie Theaters
Germain Arena
Arenas & Stadiums
Bernalillo, New...
Level Contributor
185 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the beaches like in the Estero Island/Ft. Myers are

I just came upon your Feb. post, and hope that my response is not too late for your upcoming trip.

The Estero Island beaches are among the most beautiful in the world. You will find powder white sand, and calm blue green clear water, unless a storm is blowing. It is very hard to go anywhere in Florida and not find sea shells, in fact many people come visit because of the shells.

I always wear plastic beach shoes, both because of the shells and due to the possibility of stepping on something in the water. You can pick up a cheap pair at any of the local beach shops. Some beaches have more shells - like out at Sanibel Island, while others have less such as the beach where your hotel is located.

At times, there is a red tide which causes allergy problem. You can check for updates here research.myfwc.com/features/view_article.asp…

Be sure to visit Lover's Key State Park just south of the Pink Shell. The beach there is just wonderful.

Milan, IN
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the beaches like in the Estero Island/Ft. Myers are

Thank you so much for your info, you were not to late we are leaving in 13 days and I cannot wait! I know we will love it. What's not to love we will be in Florida!

3. Re: What are the beaches like in the Estero Island/Ft. Myers are

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Estero