We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront Manasota Key no-Condo Apr 3/4 for 7 nights Cheap?

mikelowell
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Beachfront Manasota Key no-Condo Apr 3/4 for 7 nights Cheap?

Hi Advisors!

My wife and I stayed on Manasota Key last year and loved it...except for a few creepy, crunchy crawlers we had in the duplex we rented. The wife freaked out and will not go back to the place even though we loved it.

Anyhow, we loved being on the beach. I mean we opened the back door and our feet hit the sand. It was awesome.

There were at least a dozen similar locations at the south end of the Key but most of the names slip our mind. We've found a few but are either booked or out of our price range.

Here's what we are hoping for. I think with the economy in trouble we have a chance.

We do not want a condo or motel unit. Multiplex is ok if it's a duplex of maybe a 4plex.

Does anyone know the names or have first hand knowledge of any ground-floor, BEACHFRONT properties, ex. duplex, cottage, apartment? Beachfront to me means opening the door and stepping onto a patio/deck then hitting sand.

Arrival April 3 or 4 for 7 nights

Just the wife and I so a studio or 1 bedroom is fine.

I think 7 nights should be had for under $800.

Any ideas?

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
748 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront Manasota Key no-Condo Apr 3/4 for 7 nights Cheap?

Mike,

Two that I have looked at in the past (although never stayed, as we now have our own home in Rotonda) were Hearts Desire and Souls Rest. Basically a duplix - one on the top, the other on the bottom - I think the 1 bedroom is on the ground floor. Was gorgeous, although I think your budget may have to go a little more, as even with the bad economy, properties here in early April (over Easter) will be pricy as this is still high season.

Google Hearts Desire or Souls Rest, Englewood beach and see what you come up with.

Good luck!

Wigan
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront Manasota Key no-Condo Apr 3/4 for 7 nights Cheap?

Hi Mike

Take a look at the - Englewood Beach & Yacht Club - This is right on the Manasota Key and they seem to advertise quite a few different types of accommodation. Not sure what the price or availability will be like. Does the accommodation have to be right on the beach? Can give details of other beautiful property close by, but not quite within stepping bistance of the sandy beach!!

Regards and good luck

Janet

mikelowell
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront Manasota Key no-Condo Apr 3/4 for 7 nights Cheap?

Thanks. I've booked a higher end duplex---$1100/wk but it is ON the beach~!

West Seneca, Ny
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront Manasota Key no-Condo Apr 3/4 for 7 nights Cheap?

Hello Mike,

We came across your listings about Manesota Key. My wife and I are thinking about renting a place in or near Englewood Beach for a month next fFebruary. How is the area? Obviously you like it, but we were wondering how it compares to other parts of Florida, such as Siesta Key, Ft. Myers, and Treasure Island, as far as beach, conjection, etc. Thanks for any info.

mikelowell
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront Manasota Key no-Condo Apr 3/4 for 7 nights Cheap?

philhahn:

I haven't been to other locations in Florida for any length of time so I can't compare...sorry.

All I know is the wife likes to relax a lot and this place is so laid back it's totally casual.

If you stay, stay ON the beach. A block or two may not seem like a long way, but there is nothing better than opening your door and stepping on the sand!

West Seneca, Ny
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront Manasota Key no-Condo Apr 3/4 for 7 nights Cheap?

Thank you.

7. Re: Beachfront Manasota Key no-Condo Apr 3/4 for 7 nights Cheap?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, October 22, 2009