We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Hawks Cay to Marathon?

1 post
Save Topic
Transportation from Hawks Cay to Marathon?

We are starting to look at this area as a possible vacation this summer... But want to know how to get out of the resort to try other restaurants, see Marathon, etc. are there taxis or other things available from Hawks Cay?

3 replies to this topic
Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,617 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Hawks Cay to Marathon?

There are taxis. If I were you, I'd rent a car. Keys Shuttle can get you to and from the mainland, but in my humble opinion it'll be cheaper to have a car.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,516 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Hawks Cay to Marathon?

Agree with buffetguy there. Yes, you can get a taxi, but since it's like 20ft from the City of Marathon, there is an added fee. I honestly can't recall how much I've been charged from Duck Key into Marathon but it made us go "Whaaaaat?"

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,509 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Hawks Cay to Marathon?

The keys are 100 miles of islands. If you do not rent a car you will miss so much to see & do. Hawks Cay is kind of isolated. There are no stores or restaurants around besides what is onsite. Its a very nice place just far away from other things. You should research the Florida Keys forums for itineraries for things to see & do while in the keys. Even getting around Marathon itself I would want a car, as its quite spread out. The only city in the keys that has a lot of things close together is Key West.

Reply to: Transportation from Hawks Cay to Marathon?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted