We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming with dolphins

Bristol
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming with dolphins

Hey guys,

My g/f and I will be staying in Hawks Kay for a few nights in June/July and I understand you can swim with dolphins in the resort. Could anyone give me some info on whether it is a good activity there or not.

Obviously swimming with dolphins would always be good but we will be going up to Orlando later in the trip and am probably going to Discovery Cove to do the whole dolphin thing there too. So I guess my question is this.... Do people think it would be worth me spending (however much it is) to do this at Hawks Kay seeing as we will do it again in Orlando?

Thanks

Dolphin Connection
Lessons & Workshops, Swim with Dolphins
Dive Duck Key
Scuba & Snorkeling
Fish 'N Fun Boat Rentals
Boat Rentals, Fishing Charters & Tours, Private Tours
Traverse City
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming with dolphins

The Dolphin Research center just south of Hawks Cay is a much better experience and not as costly.

Have fun

Florida
Level Contributor
738 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming with dolphins

You can do Discovery Cove and not the dolphin experience. The tickets are alot cheaper without swimming with the dolphins. That way you can swim with them in Hawks Cay and just do a day at Discovery Cove and not pay to do it again.

Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming with dolphins

My husband and I, along with our 2 daughters (5 & 2 yrs. old) will also be staying at the resort in the summer.

The price to swim with the dolphins is $155 per person for a 45min . They also have a different type of experince for $60 per person.

We have been to Discovery Cove and our kids love it. The "trainer for a day" experience was awesome. The price was about $500 per person and it's all inclusive.

4. Re: Swimming with dolphins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, October 22, 2009