We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Chair Rentals in Destin

Illinois
5 posts
Save Topic
Beach Chair Rentals in Destin

Can you rent beach chairs and umbrellas or do we have to bring them with us - if so, where and how much?

Thanks to all

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
82 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Chair Rentals in Destin

*Most* condos and hotels on the beach have a service that rents chairs and umbrellas. I'm not sure if you have to be staying at that condo, though. From what I remember, it was pretty expensive...pricey enough for us to drag beach chairs out every day! (Sorry, I don't remember how much...maybe $20 a day?)

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Chair Rentals in Destin

It is correct that most condos have a beach service. And you DO have to be staying in the resort to use them. In fact, some of the "beach boys" will get quite nasty if you sit on one of their chairs and you are not staying in the condo. Also, don't pay any attention to them if they tell you that you can't set up your own around theirs. It is an issue that we are addressing.

Some condos offer packages which include the chairs and umbrellas in the over all price. Ask about those.

Illinois
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Chair Rentals in Destin

Thanks for your help. The "Beach Access" is a question...? Is the "beach" free for all to use. I've been to many beaches in FLA and Mexico and other places and for the most part, any part of the beach is accessible to anyone - is this different in Destin - do the hotels and condo associations regard their beach property as "private"? I don't think this will be an issue where we are staying as the condo operators state they have "private beach access" but I'm just interested to know.

Personally, I think any beach, anywhere should be for everyone - to me it's an extention of the ocean and therefore not owned by anyone but mother nature and we should all be able to enjoy the beauty of the earth. Just my opinion. :)

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Chair Rentals in Destin

Some do and some don't. For your sanity, just stay away from camping behind the private homes. There is a group of people trying to claim that the beach behind their house is their beach. Some of them can be quite rude. It is a problem that is being worked on.

Illinois
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Chair Rentals in Destin

Thanks for you help and tip - I have seen peeps like this in action - the beach along Lake Michigan around Michigan City and New Buffalo where homes are located are the same way - they will RUN from their homes to tell you to that you're on their land - it's really quite funny! Never will understand it - LOL

Anyway, I appreciate your firsthand knowledge! Can't wait for the last week in April - I really need to some sun on my face :)

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Chair Rentals in Destin

Yep, you've got the picture.

Listen, have a wonderful time and welcome to Destin. We really are quite friendly here. If you have any further questions, please post them. There are quite a few Destin residents that answer.

Illinois
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Chair Rentals in Destin

Thanks again and be careful what you wish for... cause I'm asking more questions :)

I've been to Destin once about 5 years ago and it was breathtakingly beautiful. I remember going on a sunset/dolphin cruise but can't remember the name of the cruise company - it wasn't expensive - do you have any recommendations.

Also, we want to visit SeaSide - when I was there the last time (it was in the month of March), we visited SeaSide and there was a "type" of open-air market - they sold all kinds of clothing, knick knacks, etc and I remember that it was really cool and fun. Do you know if they still have this type of venue to sell their wares and if so, is it open during April?

Thanks for any info to have :)

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Chair Rentals in Destin

I'll bet you were on the Southern Star. Dolphin cruises on the Southern Star. 850-837-7741

http://www.dolphin-sstar.com/

As for Seaside, you are probably referring to:

Per-Spi-Cas-ity. Located on the beach in Seaside. Yes they are still open and they are open year round now. 850-231-5829

Illinois
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Chair Rentals in Destin

yppub,

You are a gem - thanks so much for info - can't wait to see those beautiful majical fish again :)

And, so glad to know that the Seaside shopping place is still going strong - it'll be a nice little day trip while we're down there.

You're the greatest!

destin, fl
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Chair Rentals in Destin

I work at Holiday Surf & Racquet Club and we offer our in house guests a free beach set up that includes 2 chairs and 1 umbrella. Add'l set ups can be purchased if available.

If you want more info you can call 800-833-6108 or visit our website at www.holidaysurf.com