We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I10 bridge bypass

Cleveland MS
3 posts
Save Topic
I10 bridge bypass

We're headed to Destin from Cleveland MS in the morning, about 25 years in a row for us. Can't wait.

Anyway, does anyone know if it is helpful to exit I-10 at exit 1, and head east on FLA 90 thru Pace and Milton, and get back on I-10 at exit 10, to avoid the one lane bridge at Pcola? Looks good on the map, but I've never done it. Just trying to avoid a little of the delay, if possible.

Thanks

Oak Park, Illinois
Level Contributor
108 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I10 bridge bypass

I was in Destin over the 4th and dropped someone off at the airport in Pensacola. The backup in I10 going east over the bay was about 5 miles!!! After I dropped him off, I went north on 290 through Pace and got back on before Milton I think. there are signs showing ALT I10. Just follow them. There was a bit of a backup going over one of the bridges but it was much better than getting caught on I10!!!

I'd advise that detour.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
260 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I10 bridge bypass

Is any local aware of the traffic on the I-10 bridge at pensacola now that the 4th of July has passed and it might be clearing out a bit in the Destin area? Would prefer to go that way, but if its a 5 mile back-up, I need to find another route....help!

3. Re: I10 bridge bypass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 14, 2009