We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetty East??

knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Jetty East??

I am planning a trip to Destin in mid-October. I am finding the hotels to be more expensive than condos. I have stayed in The Islander but they only have 2-3 BR condos. We do not need that this trip. Noticed Jetty East was a bit cheaper and has 1BR condos. I know what it looks like on the outside--has anyone been inside???

OR any other affordable suggestions for lodging in that area (Destin, Ft. Walton...)would be appreciated!!!! We want to be ocean front.

St. Louis, Mo.
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetty East??

From what I remember Jetty East has always been nice inside, but it has been a few years...

Take a look at Holiday Surf and Racquet Club if you want to stay on Holiday Isle. They have one bedroom condos and you can view most if not all of their units on their website - holidaysurf.com.

location, location...
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetty East??

Try http://www.vacationrentals.com/ and look for Destin. Also, VRBO.com

Seafarer is OK also - http://www.seafarer-condos.com/destin.asp

Also, Destin beach Club. Both these places should be reasonable.

Cincinnati Oh
Level Contributor
356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetty East??

We always liked Sundestin even though its had some not so good reviews lately. Just be sure to ask for a Gold rated condo.

MO
Level Contributor
589 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetty East??

All units at Jetty East are individually owned, and are decorated differently. You can check out each unit on their website at www.jettyeast.net . All units that end with a "A" will be one bedroom units.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetty East??

I have stayed in several Jetty East units from 1 to 3 bedrooms and all have been in great shape. You can go to their website at jettyeast.net and view the units.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetty East??

We just returned from Destin yesterday. Since we are planning a return trip in August, we drove to jetty East to check it out. Unfortunately, they lost a LOT of beach front. I was so amazed - the water was very close (within a few yards) of the parking lot in one place. I decided not to stay there just for that reason. I wondered if the rest of Holiday Isle was like that? We had stayed in Sandestin and they had their beach restored. It was very wide there - which I'm sure other parts of Destin also has wide beaches.

knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetty East??

I stayed at The Islander which is next door to Jetty East. Yes, much of the beach front is gone. I also made a quick trip this past weekend for a family reunion and found myself on Sandestin for a few hours---the beach front is a little bigger...but not much. I found the same results in Ft. Walton. I have spent at least a zillion hours researching a place forus to go th9is fall. For some reason, I keep leaning toward Jetty East---seems to be reasonably priced and I love the ocean front pool....

knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetty East??

I stayed at The Islander which is next door to Jetty East. Yes, much of the beach front is gone. I also made a quick trip this past weekend for a family reunion and found myself on Sandestin for a few hours---the beach front is a little bigger...but not much. I found the same results in Ft. Walton. I have spent at least a zillion hours researching a place forus to go th9is fall. For some reason, I keep leaning toward Jetty East---seems to be reasonably priced and I love the ocean front pool....

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetty East??

At Jetty East, you can cast a line off the second floor balcony's . That is how close the water is.

Sandestin has had 80 feet added to their beach so there is a HUGE difference. Sandestin beach has been renourished.

To the person who said there wasn't much difference, I don't know where you were on the beach in Sandestin or where you saw it, but the difference is like night and day.

10. Re: Jetty East??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 12, 2009