We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions Needed

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Directions Needed

I am flying down and need directions from Pensacola Airport to Destin. I've checked Mapquest and Google and got COMPLETELY different directions. Mapquest indicates taking route 10 east while Google tells me to take Route 98. Trying to figure out if one is 'better' than the other. 10 seems to be more of a superhighway than 98, but 98 looks to be more direct. Thoughts?

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions Needed

Many variables to make the right decision:

Where in Destin?

Time of day and which day for arrival?

Scenic vs speed?

NJ
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions Needed

Coming in Saturday late afternoon/early evening. Prefer faster route over scenic (I just want to get there, have all week to enjoy scenery!! LOL). destination is just east of Henderson Beach State Park.

Thanks JoeMammy!

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions Needed

I10 east, 85 south, 20 west, 293 will bring you just east of the park (toll).

Florida
Level Contributor
630 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions Needed

Follow what JoeMammy says. If you travel Hwy 98, there are lots of traffic lights, traffic and it will take so much longer.

NJ
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Directions Needed

Awesome, thanks!!

6. Re: Directions Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 22, 2014