We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding venue Help! Please! :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding venue Help! Please! :)

I have been talking to some of the wedding planners in the area but so far I am having a hard time getting my questions answered because almost all of them are pushing me to purchase a package. I plan on buying a package for the beach part of the wedding but I am really more concerned with the reception which will be significantly longer. I would like to pick a place for about 30 guests (small wedding) that can easily transition from the beach ( maybe out front) to the inside for dinner and dancing. Although it won't be a big affair, we like dancing and I am having a hard time finding a place that allows music. Mt guests will be traveling so of course I would like to offer them an awesome meal as well, any help would be much appreciated!

Destin
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding venue Help! Please! :)

Try calling 790 on the Gulf. I know they have music sometimes and also do wedding receptions.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,886 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding venue Help! Please! :)

Harry T's has a place on the harbor that you can rent out (right above Crab ISland Cantina) They will serve the food and provide bartenders and you can bring in your own DJ or band.

Deweys on the Harbor will set you up on their top deck and serve your people (will close it off just for you party if the off season.

Pompano Joes will let you use their space under the restaurant (very relaxed beach type atmosphere) for 25 or more people. It has a small bar under there and you can bring in a DJ there as well. You could get married right on the beach there and they will set up tiki torches on the beach for the dinner/reception if you want instead of the spot under the restaurant.

The Vue in Dune Allen also has a nice venue for a wedding.Upscale.

Mentioned in this post
Harry T's
Harry T's
1,551 Reviews
Destin, FL
Crab Island Cantina
Crab Island Cantina
877 Reviews
Destin, FL
Alabama
Level Contributor
988 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding venue Help! Please! :)

Seascape has been posting lots of wedding (large and intimate) on their Facebook page. (This is Majestic Sun, Empress, Ariel Dunes.)

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding venue Help! Please! :)

The El Matador, on Okaloosa Island, has a beautiful facility to host a reception. They have a small dance floor & I'm guessing they could suggest some caterers.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding venue Help! Please! :)

Thank you so much, I really like 790 the gulf but since its a small wedding , the $2000 just to rent the venue isn't really worth it.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding venue Help! Please! :)

Thank you Miramar beach lover, I am currently following up on your leads!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding venue Help! Please! :)

Any other suggestions? I have followed up on all of these and so far the only one that seems promising for me is pompano joes.

OK
Level Contributor
77 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding venue Help! Please! :)

I've stayed the past two years at Beachside II condos with full view of the Sandestin Hilton where I have witnessed three weddings. Services took place on the beach with a reception on the deck that borders the Elephant Walk Restaurant. Not sure of the cost but each wedding look to have less than 50 people.

9. Re: Wedding venue Help! Please! :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 21, 2014