We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a visit in October

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Topic
Planning a visit in October

I am planning a visit to Destin with my 81 year old mother. I would like to stay on Holiday Isle in a condo in which we can walk out onto the beach. Can anyone give me advise as to who is the best rental agents to contact and which condo unit would be the best.

I'll take any input I can get!

Thank you

Alabama
Level Contributor
903 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a visit in October

Look at Jetty East!

Indiana
Level Contributor
936 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a visit in October

Check out Holiday Isle Properties. They have some nice rentals.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a visit in October

I think where you stay will depend on your Mother's health. Can she handle a long walk from a large condo complex to the beach? How will she do going up and down the stairs to the beach? Those two things would be what to consider as you narrow down your search.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a visit in October

Some of the Walton County beach accesses have beach wheelchairs available for use. You have to talk to the lifeguard to get one.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a visit in October

I appreciate your thoughts on my mother's mobility. She doesn't do well walking long distance. We need to be where she can walk out of the condo onto an elevator and out to the beach.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a visit in October

Thank you for the information. My mother would drown me in the ocean if I suggested a wheel chair. :)

I mentioned a motorized chair last vacation and I haven't heard the end of that yet! :D

I will keep the info in my memory bank as her legs will give up before her mind lets go.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning a visit in October

Love Holiday Isle. This is where I want to be, but I don't know much about the rentals there. Who's good, who's bad. Which resort has the ocean at their door so to speak. I would appreciate any information on resorts on Holiday Isle.

8. Re: Planning a visit in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 25, 2014