We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maravilla Resort Renovations

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
107 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Maravilla Resort Renovations

I'm staying in Maravilla #1103 in July. I just got an eMail that the resort is undergoing some renovations that may affect my stay.

Does anyone know how extensive these renovations are?

Especially in relation to unit #1103.

Thanks.

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Maravilla Resort Renovations

I don't think anyone can tell you about the exact unit you are staying, but the renovations seem to affect the outside area. They are replacing a lot of balconeys, railings, windows, etc.

If you have an alternative, I would choose it. Construction is noisy early in the morning and I feel that you would lose some of your privacy during your stay.

cincinnati,ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maravilla Resort Renovations

I am going to maravilla today. I received 2 e-mails concerning construction. When I contacted them after the 2nd e-mail, they gave me 20% off my stay. Ask for Dianna. I was told that the constructionis in buildings 3 & 4. If I get access to a computer, I will let you Know the details.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
107 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maravilla Resort Renovations

Thanks just4fun.

I rented through southerresorts. I got one eMail and called them. They said they were just giving me a heads up. I'm supposed to be in building one which they haven't done yet. They told me that if there is work going on in my area when I arrive they will just move me.

I'm going in two weeks. I'd appreciate your feedback once you get there or get back.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
107 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maravilla Resort Renovations

Does anyone have any word yet on Maravilla's 'renovations' and how they affected anyone staying there?

Thanks.

cincinnati,ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Maravilla Resort Renovations

Just got back. Unit 1103 is 3 units back from building 2 on the ground floor. They are working on soffits( roofing overhangs) on building 1 and 2. They're replacing windows and sliding doors on building 3. They didn't start till after 9 on any of the days. You should have a great time right where you are. Let me know if you have any other questions. We will be back.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
107 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maravilla Resort Renovations

How was the noise from the work?

We'll have an infant who will need to take naps during the day.

I assume the pool is open and they're not doing any work in that area.

Thanks for posting.

cincinnati,ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maravilla Resort Renovations

The big work is being done on the beachfront side of building 2. This is building resurfacing and soffit work. We were in our condo and the noise was not bad at all. If you were in building 2, that may be a different story with an infant. The pool right in front of building 2 is the non heated pool. The construction on building 2 is right near the pool, but the pool is open and was packed everyday. There is also a heated pool just behind building 4 which is nice.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
107 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maravilla Resort Renovations

Just4fun:

You might want to call Diana because they are now giving 30% off per their website!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
107 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maravilla Resort Renovations

We're at the end of our stay at Maravilla and have had a very nice time. They did not do any work on the buildings until Wednesday. They are mainly working on Bldg. 2 that faces the Gulf. This Bldg. took the brunt of Katrina. We were at the pool in front yesterday and they were working and there was some banging but it did not bother anyone. We're in Bldg. 1 and were not disturbed at all. I'm still waiting for my 30% discount to be refunded to me!!!