We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quietest beach area for families?

Franklin, Tennessee
6 posts
Save Topic
Quietest beach area for families?

I've only been to Destin (30A area) once, and it was so overrun with people, it wasn't all that pleasant.

I am wondering if some areas/towns/beaches are quieter than others? Any advice for where to look? I'm hoping to see more ocean/sand/beauty than people....(not the other way around)!

Thanks for your help!

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quietest beach area for families?

For years we have stayed in the Laguna Beach area that is west PCB. There is an eclectic mix of homes and condos, no high rises. Some of the homes were built in the 1940-50s and some are new with pools.

The beach has never been crowded with people. You can hop on Back Beach Rd to miss traffic and get to Pier Park or other areas. Or you can take Front Beach Road to see all the "touristy" things.

I have been booking through www.vrbo.com for all the rentals and have been lucky dealing with the owners. Prefer that over management company, We leave on June 23rd and it's time I start my to do list!!

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Edited: 10:19 am, June 12, 2013
Illinois
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quietest beach area for families?

If quiet beauty is what you're looking for, you should check out Navarre Beach (east of Pensacola, west of Destin). There's condos and some high rises, but nothing like Destin plus there's a 6-7 mile stretch of undeveloped national seashore that is wonderful.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quietest beach area for families?

My family went to Seagrove for the first time last year. We found the beaches around our condo a lot less crowded than what we have experienced in Destin and at the Sandestin area in the past. We loved the area. Lots of good restaurants. Traffic, however, can be bad on 30A.

United States
Level Contributor
6,593 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quietest beach area for families?

If you thought the 30A area was too crowded, I would not go to Destin area at all. Agree with Mscheap, Navarre is more quiet; maybe what you are looking for.

Franklin, Tennessee
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Quietest beach area for families?

Help! I am searching for Laguna Beach Florida on TripAdvisor and not finding anything....can you help?

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quietest beach area for families?

Too small.... its on the western end of Panama City Beach...

United States
Level Contributor
6,593 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quietest beach area for families?

Try googling Laguna Beach. There is a street view, and there are some vacation rentals on vrbo. Might give you the feel of the place that way.

8. Re: Quietest beach area for families?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, June 15, 2013
Hendersonville, TN
Level Contributor
126 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quietest beach area for families?

I am a big fan of Holiday Isle. We changed it up and did Watercolor last year, and I found it too crowded, too. Back to Jetty East this year, and I can't wait.

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quietest beach area for families?

30A beaches, depending on where you stay, can be as crowded as Destin's. We were in a condo in Blue Mountain for a few days last week and due to extremely zealous enforcement of the private beach at White Cliffs, were forced into a very narrow strip of beach with several hundred of our fellow vacationers. When we moved down the beach a mile into the Old Florida beach neighborhood, we didn't have anyone around us for 30 yards.

High density housing, like condos (& Seaside), will make for a high density beach. Areas of 30A that are less built up (or adjacent to state parks) will give you a great family beach experience.

Along 30A, I would avoid Blue Mountain condos, plus Seaside, Watercolor & Rosemary if you want a less-crowded area. Avoid condos in general. Rent a house in one of the smaller neighborhoods that don't have the restaurants & retail like Seaside.

You might try Cape San Blas or Mexico Beach.