We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jellies

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Henderson, Nevada
1 post
Save Topic
Jellies

Our family of 7 have reservations at the Sandestin condos ( Destin West) the 2nd week in August. I read in a previous message that jellies are in the water and on the beach in August : is this all day long ? I have never been around jelly fish and this is making me very nervous. Can anyone give me tips on how to avoid them and if one gets bit what do you do? Not sure I might just be sitting on the beach and not going in.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jellies

Jellies come and go - there is no certain day or time of year. They are literally driven in by the wind. They can be there one morning and gone a few hours later - or hang around for days - or you might not even see them. Also not all jellies sting. They fly purple flags when jellies have been sighted.

There are many products for sale that you can use on jelly stings or you sometimes just pour a little vinegar, or A-1 or even a coke and that will help remove the sting. I carry benadryl on the boat so that in case of a sting - a benadryl will reduce your bodies reaction to it.

2. Re: Jellies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 10, 2014