We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family friendly beachfront condo??

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
family friendly beachfront condo??

I am looking in the Destin area. Can anyone please advise the benefits of Mid-Destin/Holiday Isle, versus Miramar area. I will be traveling with children ages 2 &4. I am looking for an uncrowded beach, & a clean, 2 bedroom beach front condo. Any suggestions? I am going at spring break time, want to avoid teenagers! Thanks

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family friendly beachfront condo??

What week are you planning on coming - that will make a big difference on whether there will even be spring breakers - much less a crowd on the beach.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family friendly beachfront condo??

Hi,

I'm heading to the Destin area the last week of July into the first week of August and am also looking for a family friendly, clean, uncrowded beach :) The kiddos are 6 years old each. I've been searching on tripadvisor, airbnb.com, cottagerentalagency.com and so forth, but it is really hard to tell what would actually be a good choice.

Our ideal place would be beachfront (or within 5 min walk) and with a kitchen. That's about it, we don't need nothing fancy as I imagine we'll be spending most of our time out of the room on the beach !! :) Does the beach quality stay the same all the way from Destin to Panama City (In terms of sand and water clarity)?

Thank you so much for any tips! I've been tasked with finding the sleeping place, so I don't want to disappoint the boss ;)

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family friendly beachfront condo??

Check out some condos in FWB. We stay at the El Matador. Very family friendly & not so crowded. Look at vrbo.com.

Hendersonville, TN
Level Contributor
115 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family friendly beachfront condo??

I can't say enough good things about Holiday Isle. We're at Jetty East right now with our three kids. You really can't beat the beach/pool proximity. We stayed on the Jetty side this time, they loved watching the fireworks show last night. Always happy down here.

5. Re: family friendly beachfront condo??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Destin