We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling

I'm looking for the best snorkeling tour...which one will give me the best views?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling

If you want information about snorkeling put that word in the search box and then look at all of Hawkfish's posts. He's our expert for snorkeling.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling

Check with Scubatech re: their snorkeling tours on the Mongoose.

St. Paul
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling

They are all pretty much the same and bring you to the same place which means that if you have a car you could probably buy snorkel gear and go yourself at high tide. With some easy research you will find directions to the beach near the jetties and find a tide chart. The snorkeling is just okay so I wouldn't necessarily make it a must do. We normally go once a trip just because we own our own gear and have a car etc. but I am usually underwhelmed (although the beach and water is always beautiful at high tide). I also normally end up cutting up my hands and knees on the rocks a little bit which is always a bummer.

Otto, North Carolina
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling

I have heard that it can be dangerous to snorkel in the waters just off the beach. Is this true? I read something about doing it at high tide. Is the re a reason why?

5. Re: Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 28, 2014