We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last day

Indiana
Level Contributor
936 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
last day

Sadly we have to leave tomorrow. We have tried most of Joe Mammy's recommendtions all were excellent. This condo the Waterview Towers Yacht Club is the greatest place to stay. The views are not to be believed. Again Destin has delivered a great vacation.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last day

Hey EB, glad you had a great visit. I prefer a Pass view over the Gulf too, seems like alot more to see with all of the boats and abundant sea life.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Level Contributor
646 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last day

The last day is the worst .. The next morning is even worse than that !! My family gets mad but I am like a drill sargent ..go go go no fun on "get away day "We are usually gone before daylight no need to prolong the agony .

We have moved to the Jetty view side at Jetty East . Joe is right, so much more to see . I really enjoy getting up early and watching the fishing boats move through the Pass . Amazing how many boats make that trip

destin florida
Level Contributor
522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last day

Also you would probably be surprised at the number of boats that go out that are "monkey boats".

Kennesaw, Georgia
Level Contributor
646 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: last day

ok I give what is a "monkey boat " ?

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: last day

A monkey boat is actually a derogatory term the charter boat capns gave to private fishermen in their smaller open fishermen boats. As in, "looks like a bunch of monkeys hanging all over the boat."

Edited: 9:05 am, September 15, 2012
Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: last day

Charter capns are also very protective of their GPS numbers for their offshore fishing spots. If they see a monkey boat in the vicinity they will usually move to another spot to avoid any spot poaching.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Level Contributor
646 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: last day

Very interesting . Thanks !

8. Re: last day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 23, 2013