We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerald Shores

United States
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Emerald Shores

Anyone know if there is a high rise in front of Emerald Shores? I thought I saw one on street view, but have looked at so many places I may have mixed it up with another community. Thanks.

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emerald Shores

Leeward Key. Managed by Reaort Quest.

Edited: 9:03 am, September 09, 2012
United States
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emerald Shores

Thanks. Looks like it might be as high as 12 stories. Do you know if it blocks views and/or looks obnoxious from Emerald Shores homes?

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emerald Shores

You are not going to have a gulf view from Emerald Shores. Nearly all the houses are on culdesacs, so most views are of the other homes; only south facing front porches on the first few culdesacs will see Leeward Key.

We've been renting there for quite a few years and have never considred the lack of view to be an issue. We think the pros far outway the cons.

United States
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emerald Shores

Thanks!

Indiana
Level Contributor
936 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emerald Shores

We spent our last three trips to Destin at Emerald Shores. Love the area but the view leaves a lot to be desired. We are at the Waterview Towers Yacht Club now and the view here has to be the best in the Destin area.

6. Re: Emerald Shores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 12, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Destin