We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isaac

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Isaac

They have put out the double red flags along the beach. Windy and cloudy right now. Keep moving the storm farther west - good news for us. They have downgraded from at Cat 2 to a Cat 1 - fingers crossed it doesn't hang over the gulf too long to pick up more speed.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Isaac

Lost power about 6 pm and it just came back on, Lots of wind and surf still no rain right now but we shall see how the night goes. Water was under Pompano Joes earlier - to dark now to see much of anything

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Isaac

Wind is still whipping from the east - only damage I have seen is some shingles in the parking lot at Pompanos - Whale Tail has waves lapping very close to the bottom deck area - but they are cooking breakfast - the bacon smelled great. Think we are going to have these winds until that hurricane moves. Seems to just be sitting there pelting NOLA

Decatur, GA
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Isaac

HoneyBunny: if you're talking about this one: http://www.destincam.com/main.asp

it's located on Scenic Gulf Drive right next to the Gulfview condos. great for me because we rent our friend's condo in GV every Fall and I can keep an eye on conditions. in fact, coming down in 3 weeks!!!!

Edited: 11:55 am, August 29, 2012
Plainfield, IN
Level Contributor
176 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Isaac

There hasn't been a recent posting regarding Isaac. How are things holding up? Damage? Power on?

God Bless

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Isaac

Power is on everywhere. The problem is there is no beach- the surf is so high it goes right to the sea oats/dunes. Still huge waves.

Decatur, GA
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Isaac

I noticed this looking through the webcam. does that usually result in beach erosion?

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Isaac

When the water eventually backs down (not sure how long) Holiday Isle will have the greatest erosion problem.

28. Re: Isaac

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 16, 2013