We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

edgewater in destin

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
st. louis
2 posts
Save Topic
edgewater in destin

We have rented a condo in edgewater in destin in early August. They sent us a letter saying there was construction going on next to the condo. Has anyone stayed here recently? Is the construction a disruption?

Also, it appears the beach restoration project is complete here. How are the beaches? Thanks for any input.

indiana
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: edgewater in destin

I stayed at the condos (Windancer) on the other side of the construction that was going on between April 1 and April 8th, and it did get noisy at times, however the beach renourishment came in a couple of days later and made the condo construction noise seem like nothing! If I remember correctly, they started working on the condo project each day about 6:00 - 7:00 am and quit about 6:00 pm. So, for the first couple of days we did wake up to some jack-hammering. It's certainly didn't add to the view, but hopefully you'll be spending most of your time looking toward the ocean. But again, it was nothing compared to the renourishment project.

I think once the renourishment area is done, you'll love the beaches, from what I saw when I was there. Much wider. Someone on here posted some pictures a day or 2 ago, and I believe they were actually from the Edgewater condos. You can probably find it using the search feature. HTH. Enjoy your trip!