We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club

Hi. We're planning a trip to Destin in July. We've narrowed it down to either Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club. I was hoping I could get some suggestions on which would be the best pick. I'm a little concerned about the contruction going on at Jetty East, so just not sure what to do. Thanks.

location, location...
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club

Either is fine and I know lots of people who stay at both, especially Holiday S&R. My suggestion is to call them to get an idea of where they are at in the process, if it's a show stopper for you.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club

They are right there together aren't they? Seems like you will be affected by construction either way.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club

I think they are close by. I probably just need to call them. Thanks.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club

I have spoken with the people are Jetty East, and they have been very honest.

Blytheville...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club

we are staying at holiday surf in may. i got a letter from them yesterday, they say that work on the shuffleboard and tennis courts and fence will be completed by the end of may. and that the sandy beach area is smaller.

Indy
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club

we just returned from jetty east a week ago. i posted a pretty lengthy trip report and i threw some pics of the construction on a blog site. click on my name or search t board and see the pics.

looks worse than it is. the beach was fine, and you might be able to get a pool pass from JE to use the pool next door if it is necessary (we dont have young kids so never used the pool anyway).

hope this helps.

Indy
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club

kbrown--

the tennis courts are already completed and very nice. they need to put up wind screens, but otherwise we were able to play every day no problem.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club

Thanks for all of the information. I can't wait to go.

MO
Level Contributor
589 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club

Jetty East website is www.jettyeast.net and Holiday Surf & Racquet website is www.holidaysurf.com. The pool at Jetty East should be complete by May 10th. If you are planning for July everything should be alright by then. Have a great time.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Jetty East or Holiday Surf and Racquet Club

We have stayed at Jetty East many times in different units. They are always in great shape and we are never disappointed.