We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Destin/FWB, close to Crab Island

Salina, Kansas...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels in Destin/FWB, close to Crab Island

Hello. I am trying to plan a beach wedding for May of next year in Destin. Since I have never traveled there, I have no idea where to reserve a room block for our guests. I am hoping to find someone ocean front, or near crab island, and all of the great restaurants/nightlife. I have been to Clearwater beach before, and I loved all the little tiki bars with live music and dancing on the beach. Are there any places like this in Destin that anyone can think of off the top of their head? As I mentioned before, we would like to be on the beach and near Crab Island, as we plan on hanging out there at least one day out of the trip. I have heard Destin traffic is a nightmare, so is FWB/Okaloosa Island a better experience?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Destin/FWB, close to Crab Island

Hi! And congrats on your upcoming wedding! I got married last June at Beasley Park on Okaloosa Island. We stayed at the Hampton Inn @ FWB and it was really nice and beach front. FWB isnt very far from Crab Island at all. And as far as Destin Traffic its a hit a miss on if its busy or not.. typically during normal rush hour times it can get kinda crazy. There is a club in Ft Walton that is right on the beach not very far from the Hampton called The Swamp its at the Boardwalk.. there is a few restaurants and some gift shops.. there is also another club there called howl at the moon. Hope that helps :)

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Destin/FWB, close to Crab Island

Unless you planning it for Memorial Day Weekend - traffic should not be a big problem at all in May. There are always weddings going on in Mirmar Beach by Pompano Joes and Whales Tail and in Crystal Beach by the Crab Trap - all beach bar/restaurant type places. Also about a 15 minute drive to the harbor area by Crab Island.

Salina, Kansas...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Destin/FWB, close to Crab Island

Thank you this really helps because we are looking at beach house rentals in Miramar beach and I was unsure how out of the way it would be from everything If we wanted to walk.

destin florida
Level Contributor
522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Destin/FWB, close to Crab Island

Emerald Grande is close to Crab Island and has lots of "action" places around it.

5. Re: Hotels in Destin/FWB, close to Crab Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 22, 2013