We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Junegrass arrived yet?

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Has Junegrass arrived yet?

Going to Rosemary beach in two weeks. Looking for updates.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has Junegrass arrived yet?

Unable to answer about Rosemary - june grass is usually very localized - but no june grass by Pompanos right now - Very windy this am white caps on the gulf

Louisiana
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has Junegrass arrived yet?

arriving at miramar tomorrow. By the looks of the beach cams, if there is june grass now, no telling where it will be tomorrow. No matter, it will be a beautiful day at the beach anyway!

Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has Junegrass arrived yet?

We get to Miramar in 13 days and it doesn't matter at all about junegrass. We will suffer through it! haha

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,281 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has Junegrass arrived yet?

Sandestin (Miramar area) had tons of sargassum and junegrass-seaweed when we checked out a few days ago.

PCB was bad...

We found some clear water at Pineapple Willies at Panama City Beach.

Lebanon, Kentucky...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has Junegrass arrived yet?

Any report on June grass???

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
937 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has Junegrass arrived yet?

Yes. We had it at Destiny by the Sea. Not a big deal

Lebanon, Kentucky...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has Junegrass arrived yet?

Just wandering because i like to fish from shore and cant do a lot when the june grass is thick, everytime u cast u get it on your lure and its impossible to fish that way. Thanks for the update wincha!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
937 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has Junegrass arrived yet?

The June grass wasn't that bad. I've seen worse

NC
Level Contributor
376 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has Junegrass arrived yet?

Hey there. Just checking hte pulse on this stuff as I know this is the time of year, but I also know it can change rather quickly.

In my opinion it has been getting worse year over year and stil lfeel the oil spill treatment/repair played a part in this stuff washing up all over the shorelines, here and beyond.

Let me know what you are dealing with. I know any vacation is greatly appreciated in these parts, but when you have kids that dont like the stuff it can put a damper on the beach experience. Still have great things to offer, etc. But just like to get an idea.

Thanks

NC
Level Contributor
376 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has Junegrass arrived yet?

Looking at cams that are visible to the shoreline looks like junegrass is pretty heavy in various locations